• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Owner Silver Age Marvel Spideys and FFs

195 posts in this topic

Oh craap, yes I quoted the wrong thing.

I guess what I'm saying is maybe I think you paid 80% below guide so I figure if I offer 50% below guide you're still pulling 30%

Right, but even if he sell's it to us for 30-40% off guide, we get a good deal and he still make enough for it to be worth while. If he's only making 20-30%, it's not necessarily as worth the time and effort.

I guess what I'm saying is maybe I think you paid 80% below guide so I figure if I offer 50% below guide you're still pulling 30%

But if I only wanted 50% for them wouldn't I have listed them for a lower price to begin with?

And frankly, what I paid for them shouldn't figure into what someone wants to offer.

If it does they are solely basing their offer on an assumption.

As I said, folks are free to offer whatever they want to.

But I'm stating it again, offering me less than half is grounds for ridicule.

Noooooo, he'd be pulling 150%, not 30%. :baiting:

Nothing in that quote refers to anyone knowing what I paid for the books, needing to know what I paid for the books, or being able to infer what I paid for the books.

Has anybody asked yet? And can you save me the trouble of reading through the whole thread and just post it here for the first time/again? (:

Nothing in that quote refers to anyone knowing what I paid for the books, needing to know what I paid for the books, or being able to infer what I paid for the books.

Has anybody asked yet? And can you save me the trouble of reading through the whole thread and just post it here for the first time/again? (:

Too Much (thumbs u

Only dealers know how to figure up complex calculations of margin and profit lol

(:

How is someone making an offer supposed to know what you paid for the books?

(and no I didn't make any offers)

Hi :hi:

I think you are refering to this quote...

But the next person who PMs me with an offer that is over 50% off on books that I obviously just bought and put up for resale is opening themselves up to some serious ridicule. Thanks

50% they must really like you :grin:. No trade offers for goats, sheep or a dude named apple crate Eldon to "service" said sheep :baiting:

Only dealers know how to figure up complex calculations of margin and profit lol

(:

Chuck Rozanski uses logarithms.

But if I only wanted 50% for them wouldn't I have listed them for a lower price to begin with?

And frankly, what I paid for them shouldn't figure into what someone wants to offer.

Did gman contact you? :grin:

(:

Chuck Rozanski uses logarithms.

comic04.jpg

:insane:

Did gman contact you? :grin:

lol

Fair enough (thumbs u

Fair enough (thumbs u

And truthfully it's nobodys business what he paid for the collection. If people want the books buy the books if not then don't buy them. But worrying about how much profit somebody is going to make on a sale is really bad taste. Just my 2c

Oh and good luck with the sale.

Fair enough (thumbs u

And truthfully it's nobodys business what he paid for the collection. If people want the books buy the books if not then don't buy them. But worrying about how much profit somebody is going to make on a sale is really bad taste. Just my 2c

I completely agree with Bob. Has almost everyone lost their manners around here? Between this thread and that Mass Pedigree thread, I'm really starting to lose faith with the boards. :(

Fair enough (thumbs u

I completely agree with Bob. Has almost everyone lost their manners around here? Between this thread and that Mass Pedigree thread, I'm really starting to lose faith with the boards. :(

+2

I never asked what he paid for them.

I only sent an offer on what I would pay for one of them.

Fair enough (thumbs u

+2

Cheap arse. :baiting:

Fair enough (thumbs u

+2

Cheap arse. :baiting:

I needed to show the n00bies how it's done. :cloud9:

Fair enough (thumbs u

I completely disagree, and let me make it clear I never even made an offer, I was just trying to understand his response to offers that we're apparently "low ball offers".

To me it's watching all the seller do whatever it takes to squeeze as much money out of every single sale they make like they have a starving family to feed and then getting offended when someone makes an offer.

Not to mention everyday on these boards I read over and over, "don't be afraid to make an offer, you might be surprised", etc.

Pretty lame.