• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Owner Silver Age Marvel Spideys and FFs

195 posts in this topic

I picked up a small batch of books today from a couple who posted in General.

Thanks to all the kind words from other boardies who posted in that thread (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

So to return the favor I am going to offer some of the good stuff here first!

As always, all prices include shipping.

First :takeit: gets it.

And most importantly...feel free to buy these and flip them for a huge profit!

(Disclosure - None of these have been pressed by Tupenny, KOR, restoman, mastercpu, joeypost, borock, or my butt cheeks.)

:signfunny::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

(Checks can be sent to:

Bedrock City

6517 Westheimer Rd.

Houston, Tx. 77057

Paypal - payments@bedrockcity.com

Call me at 713-780-0675 to make arrangements for credit card payments.)

Was there anything left over or did you pick up everything? I wouldn't mind seeing a list of the other books and based on list then request scans...I mean if you're up for that in between getting liquored up and what/not :-P

There was more stuff...

Superboys, Superman, World's Finest and Detective from 1960 - 1965.

FF Annual 1 and about twenty other FFs up to #52.

About twenty other Spideys up issue #40.

Tales to Astonish 57

Daredevil

(all of the above are vg at best, but mostly in th 2.0 to 4.0 range)

But here's the deal. I am closing this thread and leaving town tomorrow morning for Baltimore. I will not be taking any of the stuff listed above to the show, but I will be taking the unsold books in the thread. When I return I will scan and post anything you have any interest in...and a bunch of stuff that I am sure you don't have any interest in.

BTW, a helpful hint to those of you who like to PM offers.

Please think about your offer before you hit the submit button.

Asking for a small discount, or making an offer on a package of books is absolutely acceptable.

Asking for a larger discount on a few books is cool as well...just understand that I probably will respectfully decline.

But the next person who PMs me with an offer that is over 50% off on books that I obviously just bought and put up for resale is opening themselves up to some serious ridicule. Thanks :)

Asking for a small discount, or making an offer on a package of books is absolutely acceptable.

Asking for a larger discount on a few books is cool as well...just understand that I probably will respectfully decline.

But the next person who PMs me with an offer that is over 50% off on books that I obviously just bought and put up for resale is opening themselves up to some serious ridicule. Thanks :)

WTTB! :applause:

Welcome to the boards!

In the past 6 months to a year, outrageous offers seem to be the norm on the Boards, rather then the exception. What's even more laughable is that some people are offended when you as a seller respectfully decline what really is a slap-in-the-face type of offer.

Buyer: "That's a nice book in your thead. I see you have it priced below GPA, and it has White pages to boot. Would you consider (additional 25% below asking price) for it? And oh yeah, I need about two months to pay if off."

Seller: "Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to politely decline at this time."

Buyer: "I made you a very fair offer....why won't you take it?"

Buyer: "That's a nice book in your thead. I see you have it priced below GPA, and it has White pages to boot. Would you consider (additional 25% below asking price) for it? And oh yeah, I need about two months to pay if off."

Seller: "Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to politely decline at this time."

Buyer: "I made you a very fair offer....why won't you take it?"

Seller: "Because...well...just because."

PM sent! I love serious ridicule. It's the lazy unfocused ridicule that makes my blood boil.

Holy Geez...

That's low-balling.

I guess I'm not so bad.

I figure if I can't pony up at least 70% oap I don't bother.

Holy Geez...

That's low-balling.

I guess I'm not so bad.

I figure if I can't pony up at least 70% oap I don't bother.

Agreed,

Anyone can ask what they want, and offer what they want.....and be ridiculed in the process. These books were offered to boardies first and I see a few major keys are now in boardies hands. That's a good thing. There's nothing wrong with someone making a profit. Take the risk, make the profit. Not all deals are as easy to make. (thumbs u

Are you going to summarize what's left with prices to make it easy on the thread reading impaired?

(thumbs u

STILL AVAILABLE!!!

( :news:Prices included for the thread reading impaired :news: )

Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 4.0 cr/ow $650.00

Amazing Spider-Man 3 - 4.0 cr/ow $500.00

Amazing Spider-Man 4 - 2.5 cr/ow $300.00

Amazing Spider-Man 14 - 2.5 cr/ow $225.00

Fantastic Four 3 - 2.0 cr/ow $280.00

Fantastic Four 4 - 2.5 cr/ow $350.00

Fantastic Four 5 - 3.0 cr/ow $575.00

Fantastic Four 6 - 4.5 cr/ow $400.00

Fantastic Four 7 - 3.0 cr/ow $150.00

Fantastic Four 12 - 3.0 cr/ow $400.00

Heh heh, well, I must not have been TOO lowball, The Tall Texan politely and respectfully declined my offer, lol LOL

(thumbs u You know how to make an offer. I may still take you up on it at some point.

Was there anything left over or did you pick up everything? I wouldn't mind seeing a list of the other books and based on list then request scans...I mean if you're up for that in between getting liquored up and what/not :-P

There was more stuff...

Superboys, Superman, World's Finest and Detective from 1960 - 1965.

FF Annual 1 and about twenty other FFs up to #52.

About twenty other Spideys up issue #40.

Tales to Astonish 57

Daredevil

(all of the above are vg at best, but mostly in th 2.0 to 4.0 range)

But here's the deal. I am closing this thread and leaving town tomorrow morning for Baltimore. I will not be taking any of the stuff listed above to the show, but I will be taking the unsold books in the thread. When I return I will scan and post anything you have any interest in...and a bunch of stuff that I am sure you don't have any interest in.

How is someone making an offer supposed to know what you paid for the books?

(and no I didn't make any offers)

If I didn't already have a nice ASM 2, I'd be making you ridiculous offers. I am looking for a coverless FF #3 and #11 if you want to keep the cover and drop the price. Maybe you have some coverless stuff laying around?

Are you going to summarize what's left with prices to make it easy on the thread reading impaired?

(thumbs u

STILL AVAILABLE!!!

( :news:Prices included for the thread reading impaired :news: )

Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 4.0 cr/ow $650.00

Amazing Spider-Man 3 - 4.0 cr/ow $500.00

Amazing Spider-Man 4 - 2.5 cr/ow $300.00

Amazing Spider-Man 14 - 2.5 cr/ow $225.00

Fantastic Four 3 - 2.0 cr/ow $280.00

Fantastic Four 4 - 2.5 cr/ow $350.00

Fantastic Four 5 - 3.0 cr/ow $575.00

Fantastic Four 6 - 4.5 cr/ow $400.00

Fantastic Four 7 - 3.0 cr/ow $150.00

Fantastic Four 12 - 3.0 cr/ow $400.00

How is someone making an offer supposed to know what you paid for the books?

(and no I didn't make any offers)

Hi :hi:

I think you are refering to this quote...

But the next person who PMs me with an offer that is over 50% off on books that I obviously just bought and put up for resale is opening themselves up to some serious ridicule. Thanks

Nothing in that quote refers to anyone knowing what I paid for the books, needing to know what I paid for the books, or being able to infer what I paid for the books.