• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1975 Newstand Pic!

35 posts in this topic

Wow, so Atlas Seaboard did actually have at least one outlet...

Planet of Vampires. Sigh, I loved that book and was crushed when they ceased publishing. Hot chicks in ripped spacesuits chased by vampires. Doesn't get any better.

:whatthe:

What's most shocking about this pic is that Police Action, starring Lomax is nearly sold out. :insane:

Seriously, in the Northeast all the Atlas Seaboard titles made it to the same 7-11 spinner racks as the Marvels and DCs. Marvel Superhero zombie that I was, I bought every book available in that pic except the DC war and some of the Marvel horror. Also bought the Eisner Spirit mags. With the proliferation of titles, introduction of a new company, and increased cover price for the Giants, it was getting a bit expensive to be a serious monthly collector as a young adult with virtually no money.

Heck, they were in every convienence store ever I bought in. I don't think their demise was a lack of distribution but more a lack of initial overhead...

Hell, due to the way the distro market worked before the DM, I'm not sure they knew exactly what their sales were until they folded...

Jim

It's been a long time....but I think I remember them being available on Military Bases also. I bought all the Adams covers. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

6 Atlas books, 2 Adams covers!!!

Seaboard Atlas, Some sleeper books to be sure, seriously under rated IMO! I loved that stuff and still pick up collections in Highgrade when I find them!

I would love for some of those characters to be resurected. I wonder who owns them? hm

6 Atlas books, 2 Adams covers!!!

Seaboard Atlas, Some sleeper books to be sure, seriously under rated IMO! I loved that stuff and still pick up collections in Highgrade when I find them!

I would love for some of those characters to be resurected. I wonder who owns them? hm

The Atlas/Seaboard characters are owned by Jason Goodman of the Goodman Media Group located in NYC. I believe Jason is the son of Chip Goodman and Martin Goodman's grandson. Word has it that he will sell each character for 10K or 100K for all of them. Seems a bit excessive for characters that have not seen the light of day in over 30 years.

I get many requests thru the Atlas Archives about contacting the owner of the Atlas/Seaboard properties but as of yet no good has come from it.

Phil