• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

pep55.jpg

At what point was it determined that Jughead shouldn't like girls? I like him better as someone who likes girls, but perhaps is disdainful of going after every pretty girl a la Archie.

It was determined rather early on, I think as early as Archie's first appearance, actually. Although there was a pilot for a live action show in the 1960's that shows him asking Veronica to be his date to the school dance, and there was a story in the late 80's/early 90's where he does have a girlfriend, and he does kiss her. :o

At what point was it determined that Jughead shouldn't like girls? I like him better as someone who likes girls, but perhaps is disdainful of going after every pretty girl a la Archie.

It was determined rather early on, I think as early as Archie's first appearance, actually. Although there was a pilot for a live action show in the 1960's that shows him asking Veronica to be his date to the school dance, and there was a story in the late 80's/early 90's where he does have a girlfriend, and he does kiss her. :o

I agree. The covers like this with Jughead distracted by women were more the exception than the rule.

Pep #68 is similar in that Archie and Jughead are walking out of the Riverdale Women Hater's Club just as a pretty girl walks by. Of course, why they were members of the club in the first place is not clear.

2761097554_1056b3bc89.jpg

This comic, aside from being a great cover, has a lot of sentimental value for me. My dad got it for me when I was 12, so it was my first real "collectible" comic. Didn't take it out of the bag to read, either.

Classic, classic cover and my personal fav as well! (worship)

Definitely from a different era, but one of my all-time favorite Archie covers. I've always thought there was something timeless about it. (From the stash of hi-grade bronze Archies I found a couple weeks ago-more listed in the TWIYBAC thread)

IMG_0002-11.jpg

Definitly a great cover and one from my childhood era.

Covers like this made you want to hit ol' Archie over the head with a hammer and say "Wake up fool!" :makepoint:

Definitely from a different era, but one of my all-time favorite Archie covers. I've always thought there was something timeless about it. (From the stash of hi-grade bronze Archies I found a couple weeks ago-more listed in the TWIYBAC thread)

IMG_0002-11.jpg

That's a great cover!

I always liked this Juggy cover:

j65.jpg

IMG_0002-11.jpg

That's a great cover!

I always liked this Juggy cover:

j65.jpg

Sweet copy of a GREAT book. I've always wanted a nice HG copy, and have never found one.

Sweet copy of a GREAT book. I've always wanted a nice HG copy, and have never found one.

lol, of which one?

The Jughead. Just classic.

It's a favorite of mine. I imagine that some of these are impossible to find in grade. I have a couple Juggy's from this number range in nice shape I bought a long time ago.

Do you know if that line Juggy is saying is from anything or did the Archie writers just wax poetic?

Do you know if that line Juggy is saying is from anything or did the Archie writers just wax poetic?

Probably an homage to Omar Khayyam's Rubiyat.

"A Book of Verses underneath the Bough,

A Jug of Wine, a Loaf of Bread--and Thou

Beside me singing in the Wilderness--

Oh, Wilderness were Paradise enow!"

Great covers, everyone! Loved that Cricket O'Dell story. :D