• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ferdelance's Baltimore Comic Con Golden Age Classic Covers

69 posts in this topic

Here's one I was able to pick up, and there's an interesting story behind this comic. :banana:

baltimorecomiccon001.jpg

Please, do tell...

I saw it. Terrific book.

:headbang:

Okay, the story behind this book. .

At the Baltimore comic con, I was looking for my friend (lets call him Dealer A) who said he had the Suspense 3 for sale. When I got to his table, he said he already sold it. I was a little frustrated because I had told him I was interested in that particular book.

Dealer A told me he sold it to Dealer B. I walked over to dealer B to see if he would sell me the comic and I saw Roy looking over the book. Roy decided he didn't want the book, so I told dealer B that I was interested.

Dealer B wanted $3,000.00, but I offered a trade plus cash. He agreed and the deal went through.

Another Dealer (dealer C) at the show, who was friends with dealer A, told me that the interior of the Suspense 3 was actually the interior to the Suspense 4(married interior).

I went back to dealer B to ask him about this. Dealer B took the book to some of the other dealers and they confirmed that the book's interior was wrong.

Dealer B was very apologetic and offered me everything back. I told him, I still wanted the Suspense 3, however, we would have to rework the deal. I got my money back, and I traded two comics (I'll post them in the "Is this a fair deal or not" thread)

This was the short version of what happened.

So how did dealer C know the cover was married to a Suspense #4? Did dealer A tell him? If so, he must have told dealer B, no? Which means dealer B should have told you (buyer A).

It's fun not using their real names!. :)

So how did dealer C know the cover was married to a Suspense #4? Did dealer A tell him? If so, he must have told dealer B, no? Which means dealer B should have told you (buyer A).

It's fun not using their real names!. :)

It is possible that dealer C noticed but did not tell dealer A.

Glad it seemed to all work out for all parties...Suspense 3 is a coveted "cover only" book, but having the "right" insides do make a difference in the value. :)

So, Rob, did you get a good adjustment to keep the "Suspense 3 cover/Suspense 4 interior" book? What would that be worth, and was the married interior a complete #4?

Glad it seemed to all work out for all parties...Suspense 3 is a coveted "cover only" book, but having the "right" insides do make a difference in the value. :)

So, Rob, did you get a good adjustment to keep the "Suspense 3 cover/Suspense 4 interior" book? What would that be worth, and was the married interior a complete #4?

It should make a huge difference. This is really a coverless Suspense #4 and a Suspense #3 cover only, the two of which should not add up up to anything close to a real Suspense #3. Is not this true?