• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ferdelance's Baltimore Comic Con Golden Age Classic Covers

69 posts in this topic

Ahhhh....I know a bit more about this book, and what happened.

Dealer A did have the comic book, but was actually selling it for a good friend.

The friend knew the interiors were wrong, as it had the guts of a Suspense 4. The tricky part is dealer A didn't know this.

So dealer A sells the book for a fair price to dealer B.

The rest you know is now history.

The tough part is Dealer B asked Dealer A for some consideration, but as the book was not Dealer A's in the first place, he said he would have to get the book back, and then could give a full refund.

Basically, it was a consignment book.

Dealer C knew of the book as he was at the location when the consignee discovered it was a married book at the time.

I don't know if this clears it all up.

I _think_ everyone ended up being happy...but dealer B probably lost out the worst in the deal.

Unfortunate but true.

I will say in Dealer A's defense, he did not know about it, and is a VERY reputable Golden Age vendor. He was not at all happy when he found out what happened.

The tough thing about the book is, unless you have a suspense 4 to check beside the interiors of a Suspense 3 you would never know.

Thankfully for everyone, dealer C pointed it out quickly, so it could be resolved quickly.

And, by the way, it is an AWESOME cover! Good score, Rob!

Best,

Brett

The consignor did not tell Dealer "A" about this "little" problem with the book? If this is true, Dealer "A" should make Dealer "B" whole, and then seek whatever that amount is back from the consignor. If Dealer "A" knew about the marriage, then he/she/it should be the one responsible at the end of the day to make Dealer "B" whole. Under either scenario, why should Dealer "B" get stuck with the short end of the stick. I uderstand "buyer beware" and all that good stuff, but this is not a situation of subjective grading. In my opinion, this type of situation is the worst kind of non-disclosure, and someone along the line is not innocent here.

Josh, dealer B ended up making out ok as he was given the option of a refund and chose to keep the book and resell it with full disclosure, which is what happened.

Glad you were able to find an interior for the cover... I imagine that you were able to put a copy together for much less than it would have cost for a complete book.

Yes

(thumbs u congrats Rob. You put "together" (in record time) a Suspense 3 :applause:

Was the married interior attached to the cover at all?

My guess is that, perhaps, the previous owner thought the interior was really an interior to a Suspense 3--obviously it did not check out....

Nope, the previous owner was completely aware.

Dealer A didn't disclose to Dealer B but Dealer B in the end didn't care

I wonder if Dealer A knew the cover was married?

I don't know who Dealer A/B/C are, but I do know that the guy who owned the book a week ago knew it wasn't right. If someone wants to let me know who A/B/C are, I can probably connect the dots.

I think I have a headache

You've got to hydrate when you drink like that.

(thumbs u popping a cold coke zero as we speak!

First you drink it, then the high isn't quite the same so you go to freebasing. After a while not even freebasing works so you go to skin popping. Next thing you know you're mainlining straight into the left ventricle. (tsk)

First you drink it, then the high isn't quite the same so you go to freebasing. After a while not even freebasing works so you go to skin popping. Next thing you know you're mainlining straight into the left ventricle. (tsk)

well, I did manage to help one mr billy parker eliminate a 12 pack in the less than day I was there this weekend... so, maybe a 12 step program (shrug)

well, I did manage to help one mr billy parker eliminate a 12 pack in the less than day I was there this weekend... so, maybe a 12 step program (shrug)

I think it's time for you to consider...another drink...occassionally ...:baiting:

IF you are man person enough;)

Water;)

I think it's time for you to consider...another drink...occassionally ...:baiting:

Water;)

isn't coke zero like 98% water :banana:

Water;)

Sure, so just remove the 2% evil addictive stuff...and you are a ^^

Water;)

Sure, so just remove the 2% evil addictive stuff...and you are a ^^

:cry:

Glad you were able to find an interior for the cover... I imagine that you were able to put a copy together for much less than it would have cost for a complete book.

Yes

(thumbs u congrats Rob. You put "together" (in record time) a Suspense 3 :applause:

Was the married interior attached to the cover at all?

My guess is that, perhaps, the previous owner thought the interior was really an interior to a Suspense 3--obviously it did not check out....

Nope, the previous owner was completely aware.

yah, but I was referring to the person who actually did the "marrying" :whistle:

The book was most likely married decades ago. The job was certainly NOT by any of the folks involved in any of the transactions...guaranteed.

Though I was thinking that it may be hard to unmarry the #3. I would love to know how you plan on doing it. Exacto blade the cover off, and then have it resealed?

Let a resto expert handle it? restaple the book?

Very intriguing.

Also, to the fellow named "Buttock" on this message thread....

I think I know who you are....Don't you have some experience with helping folks add missing pieces to their treasures to make them whole?

Any suggestions to Rob?

Take care all!

-B