• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ferdelance's Baltimore Comic Con Golden Age Classic Covers

69 posts in this topic

I'll add a little more detail.

Dealer B felt awful about the whole situation. He instantly offered me everything back that I had given him for the trade deal.

I told him I was still interested in the book. I got my cash back (plus a couple of hundred extra), and instead of the 4 books I had trade him, I only traded 2 comics.

I was happy and so was dealer B.

The cover is worth more than the book, even if it is a chipped up beater.

I couldn't agree more.

Suspense 3 is a comic (or cover) I thought I was never going to get because of how much a even poor condition copy sells for (a CGC 0.5 sells for a little over $3,000.00). I feel fortunate to get a cover of what I consider Schomburgs Ultimate cover for less than a thousand dollars in trade value. (thumbs u

So how did dealer C know the cover was married to a Suspense #4? Did dealer A tell him? If so, he must have told dealer B, no? Which means dealer B should have told you (buyer A).

It's fun not using their real names!. :)

I was familiar with the book. I told Roy about it when he had it. I don't know who dealer A/B/C are, but someone down the line knew the book was mismatched.

The cover is worth more than the book, even if it is a chipped up beater.

I couldn't agree more.

Suspense 3 is a comic (or cover) I thought I was never going to get because of how much a even poor condition copy sells for (a CGC 0.5 sells for a little over $3,000.00). I feel fortunate to get a cover of what I consider Schomburgs Ultimate cover for less than a thousand dollars in trade value. (thumbs u

You're obviously happy, so I see no down side. Well done!

Ahhhh....I know a bit more about this book, and what happened.

Dealer A did have the comic book, but was actually selling it for a good friend.

The friend knew the interiors were wrong, as it had the guts of a Suspense 4. The tricky part is dealer A didn't know this.

So dealer A sells the book for a fair price to dealer B.

The rest you know is now history.

The tough part is Dealer B asked Dealer A for some consideration, but as the book was not Dealer A's in the first place, he said he would have to get the book back, and then could give a full refund.

Basically, it was a consignment book.

Dealer C knew of the book as he was at the location when the consignee discovered it was a married book at the time.

I don't know if this clears it all up.

I _think_ everyone ended up being happy...but dealer B probably lost out the worst in the deal.

Unfortunate but true.

I will say in Dealer A's defense, he did not know about it, and is a VERY reputable Golden Age vendor. He was not at all happy when he found out what happened.

The tough thing about the book is, unless you have a suspense 4 to check beside the interiors of a Suspense 3 you would never know.

Thankfully for everyone, dealer C pointed it out quickly, so it could be resolved quickly.

And, by the way, it is an AWESOME cover! Good score, Rob!

Best,

Brett

A Boards member had an interior-only copy of Suspense 3 for sale 2-3 months ago. Maybe it's still available.

I've already accepted his offer. (thumbs u

O man, I was wondering if you were gonna do that. What's the condition of the interior you're getting?

So how did dealer C know the cover was married to a Suspense #4? Did dealer A tell him? If so, he must have told dealer B, no? Which means dealer B should have told you (buyer A).

It's fun not using their real names!. :)

I was familiar with the book. I told Roy about it when he had it. I don't know who dealer A/B/C are, but someone down the line knew the book was mismatched.

I turned the book down based on grade (and the fact that I was broke) and after I mentioned the book you told me to check the interior on the book. By the time I found Ferd and dealer B afterwards the deal was already all straightened out to everyone satisfaction.

Nice that everything was sorted out and that all parties involved were finally satisfied with the end result.

I do have to say that both dealer A and dealer B are 100% solid people through and through.

(thumbs u

Glad you were able to find an interior for the cover... I imagine that you were able to put a copy together for much less than it would have cost for a complete book.

Yes

(thumbs u congrats Rob. You put "together" (in record time) a Suspense 3 :applause:

Was the married interior attached to the cover at all?

My guess is that, perhaps, the previous owner thought the interior was really an interior to a Suspense 3--obviously it did not check out....