• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tec' 27 found by this kid? Has this been posted?

78 posts in this topic

At a glance, I think the top is trimmed and putting it next to the Hulk didn't help. The 'Tec just looks too small. There's something else that makes me leary of it, too, I just can't put my finger on it...... oh, aside from the fact he handles it like a dog handles a frisbee.

Here are my current copy and old copies for comparison:

None had trimming but you can see that the cut (especially at the bottom) is not consistent

Tec274OW.jpg

Tec27CGC.jpg

Tec27.jpg

miss the last one (slight color touch and dab of glue but cover cleaned). It was signed by Bob Kane on the inside cover. I used to read it on the toilet

I know I needn't bother, but I actually enjoy playing detective (no pun intended) with situations like this one.

I took some screen snapshots of the video guy's Tec 27 and compared it with an original cover. This guy's Tec cover has lots of differences, suggesting a reproduction.

Check out Batman's rope on his Tec cover (only breaks color in the black areas), versus on the original (breaks the black and red colors very consistently).

Similarly, where Batman's black cape meets the blacks of the logo letters, the blacks are consistent on his copy but there are red hairlines between them on the original cover.

Finally, even accounting for the poor lighting of the video and the possibility of dirt/fading, many of the colors are way off on his cover.

He might believe that he has an original, but there's no chance that he does.

tec27a.jpg

tec27b.jpg

None had trimming but you can see that the cut (especially at the bottom) is not consistent

Tec274OW.jpg

Tec27CGC.jpg

Tec27.jpg

miss the last one (slight color touch and dab of glue but cover cleaned). It was signed by Bob Kane on the inside cover. I used to read it on the toilet

:o(worship)(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

It's a hoax. The cover is a low-resolution print job. On closeup the colors appear inconsistent and grainy like output from a low-end printer. Stop the video at 1:18 or at 1:28. The lines that outline the building to the left and right of the gun, appear clumped or break at points. The original cover would show distinct continuous fine lines.

An issue professional printers worry about is properly matching ink to paper, controlling consistent ink absorption and spread on paper. Obviously the guy who printed the fake didn't care. So fine line details tend to clump together as thick lines (excessive spread) and/or have faint lines (poor ink absorption).

Beautiful copies. Just curious... why is it that his bubble is all black, while the standard is blue. (shrug)

Would it be possible for the camera to filter out that color? The batman has tones of blue, but the man's hat also appears blackish.

6fxy1i.jpg

I know I needn't bother, but I actually enjoy playing detective (no pun intended) with situations like this one.

I took some screen snapshots of the video guy's Tec 27 and compared it with an original cover. This guy's Tec cover has lots of differences, suggesting a reproduction.

Check out Batman's rope on his Tec cover (only breaks color in the black areas), versus on the original (breaks the black and red colors very consistently).

Similarly, where Batman's black cape meets the blacks of the logo letters, the blacks are consistent on his copy but there are red hairlines between them on the original cover.

Finally, even accounting for the poor lighting of the video and the possibility of dirt/fading, many of the colors are way off on his cover.

He might believe that he has an original, but there's no chance that he does.

Interesting, I never notice that by the cape before. If I was holding a book that I believed was worth over a quarter of a million, the last thing I would be doing is flopping it around like that.

Poor inks and paper from a cheap printer will always give shoddy results.

The insufficiently_thoughtful_person who printed it wasn't thinking about anything except impressing his YouTube audience.