• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MN FallCon Report (with some pics)

23 posts in this topic

Took a few pictures at FallCon this weekend. Thought I'd share them here. For starters, here's a few of the costumed attendees (or at least I assume they were costumes).

IMG_0774.jpg

These guys were both at least 6'3", probably taller. Thought they pulled the looks off pretty well.

IMG_0790.jpg

Not surprisingly, these two young ladies were very much in demand for pics. GL in the background is Thor from the first pic with a little less hair.

IMG_0783.jpg

Couldn't get Dash to stand still for a picture. Little "Jack-Jack" was a big hit at the Con, though.

IMG_0784.jpg

Very nice guy. Pockets were full of Hagrid props.

I always like Con reports with pictures of dealers wall books. So...here's Harley's booth. Guess he was also set up at Baltimore this weekend. Do dealers always bring their own lighting systems?

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

I like Con reports with pics of dealer's wall books as well :headbang: Shows what I missed :P Nice, typical Harley wall spread of great books...

Where was this, Minnesota?

I always like Con reports with pictures of dealers wall books. So...here's Harley's booth. Guess he was also set up at Baltimore this weekend. Do dealers always bring their own lighting systems?

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

I like Con reports with pics of dealer's wall books as well :headbang: Shows what I missed :P Nice, typical Harley wall spread of great books...

Where was this, Minnesota?

Funny, none of the books from his wall display that I looked up on his website showed up hm

Thanks for the pix Chris :applause:

It was great hanging out with you, Xavier Logan, friscoman, Bobpfef and other friends.

I thought this year's Fallcon was a bit slow in terms of books that I collect, but I still managed to buy some stuff lol

th_cgc1009004.jpgth_cgc1009005.jpgth_cgc1009008.jpgth_cgc1009009.jpgth_cgc1009012.jpgth_cgc1009017.jpg

Thanks for the pix Chris :applause:

It was great hanging out with you, Xavier Logan, friscoman, Bobpfef and other friends.

I thought this year's Fallcon was a bit slow in terms of books that I collect, but I still managed to buy some stuff lol

th_cgc1009004.jpgth_cgc1009005.jpgth_cgc1009008.jpgth_cgc1009009.jpgth_cgc1009012.jpgth_cgc1009017.jpg

Glad you guys had fun Steve. I hated not being able to attend, again. Poverty and lack of vacation time are real buzz kills when it comes to comic shows

lol What an awesome book. Death takes a holiday -- and works a beauty pageant. I like that Thrilling as well!

87446.jpg.a516d8e8bdeac6fee626efde8f0b4e98.jpg

lol What an awesome book. Death takes a holiday -- and works a beauty pageant.

That's what I do when I take a vacation. :kidaround:

In response to a few of the guys kind enough to post in this thread...

FallCon was held this year at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds in Saint Paul.

I asked Harley if he minded if I posted pics of his wall display on the boards. He had no problem with it and acknowledged he doesn't have all his books listed on his website. He thinks he actually picked up a sale or two recently resulting from pics of his wall books from previous Cons being posted here. As an aside, I know I saw a few books in the Human Torch's excellent San Diego Con report I ended up pursuing.

And Donut, I believe the mystery booth was John Hauser's.