• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonder Woman....silver or bronze

130 posts in this topic

You cant get more "girly" than a charm bracelet cover. This is a very rare book to find...took me almost 10 years to find in nice shape.

WW_106.jpg

First "Wonder Girl" cover. Thus Diana begins a battle with her teenage self for the dominance of this book...I really like the ethnic look that Diana has on the inset of this cover...Her high cheek bones definitely give here that Mediterranean look!

WW_107.jpg

Nice greytone cover.

WW_108.jpg

First app. of Wonder Girl (Diana as a teen).

I really like this issue for the Rodan-like space bird on the cover. I still feel that WW's true SA origin is in #97.

ww_105a.jpg

Let me know if you're interestd in selling.... :gossip:

I am looking for a copy of this in a big way !

Lets turn this into a Silver Age Wonder Woman cover thread!!!

I won't take much convincing, that's for sure! Here are scans of my oldest two Wonder Woman books:

18-05-2011110432PM.jpg

18-05-2011110436PM.jpg

:luhv:

I have a rather simple question (i think). At what issue is considered the end of the silver age in Wonder Woman books? Is it a price change, the issue where she loses her power of maybe the issue she gets her powers back.

I'd say the last Silver Age Wonder Woman issue is #178, the issue where she loses her powers. Most conveniently with issue #179 DC went to the larger 12 cent logo to begin the Bronze Age - for Wonder Woman anyway.

:preach:

Everytime I see the Wonder Girl from this time frame it blows me away how DC went from her to:

th_bb60.jpg

What was DC thinking? :screwy:

I am also astounded at putting such a goofy looking "hero" on the cover.

wg.jpg

There's some very fine art in the WWs from this time period and a little earlier.

18-05-2011110436PM.jpg

Everytime I see the Wonder Girl from this time frame it blows me away how DC went from her to:

th_bb60.jpg

What was DC thinking? :screwy:

The explanation would be that the Wonder Girl portrayed in Wonder Woman comics was Wonder Woman in her early teens. The Wonder Girl who joined the Teen Titans was Donna Troy who eventually evolved into Troia.

But it was actually all a mistake anyway. The editor and writer who launched the Teen Titans were blissfully unaware that the Wonder Girl in Wonder Woman comics was actually a younger Wonder Woman. The editor of Wonder Woman in the early sixties had confused the issue by publishing "impossible" stories of Wonder Woman, Wonder Girl and even Wonder Tot all together similar to the "imaginary" stories in the Superman titles. As a result, a mistake was made several years later with the inclusion of Wonder Girl in the Teen Titans. An explanation for Donna Troy's existence didn't come for many years either.

Here are scans of a couple more of my Wonder Woman books:

19-05-201180143PM.jpg

19-05-201180146PM.jpg

:juggle: