• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so who will be the next hot silverage DC character after Green Lantern?

37 posts in this topic

My moneys on Flash. same formula Johns/upcoming movie

I think DC is tapped in the Superhero genre. However, with horror movies doing so well, I'm thinking something along the lines of House of Mystery, Secrets, hosts Cain and Abel could be the next hot Silverage DC characters.

Captain Comet! Now there's an under-the-radar guy for you. Maybe the first real mutant hero in comics. Great array of easy-to-do-on-film powers, interesting concept, etc etc.

A fantastic cover in his first appearance doesn't hurt, neither.

The fact that he's never really been used properly might be problematic, but otherwise, it's a guaranteed winnah!

(thumbs u

Yeah, he's a good character and might translate well to the screen, although I don't think he participated at all in the SA.

I think DC is tapped in the Superhero genre. However, with horror movies doing so well, I'm thinking something along the lines of House of Mystery, Secrets, hosts Cain and Abel could be the next hot Silverage DC characters.

Or the Spectre, Aparo version!

I'd like to think Hawkman has some potential.

- Cool costume.

- Great Silver Age artwork by Kubert and then Murphy Anderson.

- Lots of rich plot elements in the back story. Although Hawkman's comics continuity has been a mess ever since the first Crisis, Johns did I thought a neat synthesis of the Golden Age & Silver Age origins on the Justice League Unlimited show.

... but it'll probably never happen. :(

wasn`t Hawkman silverage #1 hoarded? I always see lots of copies of it around. I agree costume is cool, also loved the Johns run a few years back.

Probably. Hawkman was the last of the Silver Age re-vamps to actually launch into his own book. What was it? 1964 or so? Well past ASM #1 for instance.

yeah the year 1964 seems to be the year that hoarding started slowly to take off.

Or the Spectre, Aparo version!

Yes, that would be a really neat series to turn into a movie and so right for the times.

Metal Men #1 based on the skyhigh Cgc 9.6 Mound Auction result or Show 37 1st Metal Men. Teach your kids about metals, boiling points plus at least 5 action figures! :popcorn:

Thinking about it a bit further, the Metal Men could actually work well as a cartoon for kids.

Metal Men #1 based on the skyhigh Cgc 9.6 Mound Auction result or Show 37 1st Metal Men. Teach your kids about metals, boiling points plus at least 5 action figures! :popcorn:

Thinking about it a bit further, the Metal Men could actually work well as a cartoon for kids.

Why just kids? (shrug)

I'd be all over it! (thumbs u

Why just kids? (shrug)

I'd be all over it! (thumbs u

I was looking at some sales figures from the 1960`s and Metal Men was actually a pretty good seller making the top 15 a few times. so if they ever get marketed correctly by Warner such as cartoon, toy figures maybe even a videogame this could be an interesting title to watch.

awodc&12.jpg