• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neal Adams upcoming projects for Marvel and DC!

19 posts in this topic

I've seen the original art, half inked, to his new Batman stuff, and I have to say...Very Exciting. It was truly fun seeing this, and just gave me a massive sense of deja vu. Felt like it was 1973 all over again--opening up an Adams Batman book I've never seen before. Should be special.

Very interesting Newsarama article.

It's great to hear Adams is doing new material, which I'm eagerly looking forward to.

I'm more a fan of his original style than his current one, even though I completely understand why it had to evolve. The remastered art in the recent 'DC Universe Illustrated by Neal Adams' hardcover took a lot of the crisp linework out from the original versions and I was a bit disappointed by the end result in a panel-by-panel comparison, as shown on the Marvel Masterworks fansite.

If it's done well I'd consider buying a Green Lantern / Green Arrow Absolute Edition, which could fill a gap in my book collection, never having picked up the standard trim slipcased hardcover published a decade or so back. Despite having the original, Superman / Ali is something I'd like to see done as a new deluxe version, at least to make it more widely available.

Sadly, most of the reprints that DC have churned out recently have been quite abysmal in terms of quality of reproduction (even the top-end Absolute range has been a little patchy) and so currently I don't risk advance ordering this type of material, regardless of how much I admire the creator.

Great interview that Neal Adams just did.

Batman and Wolverine stuff upcoming.

Wolverine in NEAL ADAMS Future? SUPERMAN/ALI Back in Print?

I really wish he'd return to Uncanny X-Men and not just some Wolverine book.

:wishluck:

Man that would great even if it wasn;t Neal I would be excited as IMO anyone better than Greg Land but that may be just me.

Very interesting Newsarama article.

It's great to hear Adams is doing new material, which I'm eagerly looking forward to.

I'm more a fan of his original style than his current one, even though I completely understand why it had to evolve. The remastered art in the recent 'DC Universe Illustrated by Neal Adams' hardcover took a lot of the crisp linework out from the original versions and I was a bit disappointed by the end result in a panel-by-panel comparison, as shown on the Marvel Masterworks fansite.

If it's done well I'd consider buying a Green Lantern / Green Arrow Absolute Edition, which could fill a gap in my book collection, never having picked up the standard trim slipcased hardcover published a decade or so back. Despite having the original, Superman / Ali is something I'd like to see done as a new deluxe version, at least to make it more widely available.

Sadly, most of the reprints that DC have churned out recently have been quite abysmal in terms of quality of reproduction (even the top-end Absolute range has been a little patchy) and so currently I don't risk advance ordering this type of material, regardless of how much I admire the creator.

Well said. I'm a big Adams fan as well, but all of the reprinted stuff I've seen lately coming from DC looked absolutely terrible, especially the garish computer coloring jobs...

Man that would great even if it wasn;t Neal I would be excited as IMO anyone better than Greg Land but that may be just me.

I actually like Land's style especially his covers but he is no Adams. If he could replicate the work he did in the SA x-men stuff he did now that would be amazing.

I'm as big a fan of Adams as anyone but I haven't seen truly great Adams art, when he's done it, in years. All the art I've seen from Adams in the last 20 years looks rushed and more like an Adams imitator than the Adams art I'm accustomed to. And some of it has been dreadful (Mr T anyone?).

While I'd love to see Adams art when I can, I can't get over the fact that maybe he's lost some of his skill and seeing new art usually results in disappointment rather than the excitement it should have...

Jim

I think it might just be you. :insane:

Land might not be Adams, but he's an excellent artist in his own right. His covers are superb and his work on Sojourn was also top notch. Additionally, with the exception of Dodson and Hughes, nobody draws hot babes better. :grin:

I think it might just be you. :insane:

Land might not be Adams, but he's an excellent artist in his own right. His covers are superb and his work on Sojourn was also top notch. Additionally, with the exception of Dodson and Hughes, nobody draws hot babes better. :grin:

+1

I'd be happy if he'd just do alot more covers. :)

Don't wish for that, you will give Dover a stroke thinking about it! :roflmao:

doh! not good! imagine: the regular copies, the variants, the sketch, the Con handouts, Wizard supplements, limited editions!!! :frustrated:

doh! not good! imagine: the regular copies, the variants, the sketch, the Con handouts, Wizard supplements, limited editions!!! :frustrated:

You mean business as usual on every current DC comic right now?

You mean business as usual on every current DC comic right now?

I think getting the Continiuty / Malibu / PC stuff has almost put me over the edge....maybe I'll just start collecting Adams pre-70's..... hm

I'm as big a fan of Adams as anyone but I haven't seen truly great Adams art, when he's done it, in years. All the art I've seen from Adams in the last 20 years looks rushed and more like an Adams imitator than the Adams art I'm accustomed to. And some of it has been dreadful (Mr T anyone?).

While I'd love to see Adams art when I can, I can't get over the fact that maybe he's lost some of his skill and seeing new art usually results in disappointment rather than the excitement it should have...

Jim

Have you seen the new Batman Odyssey stuff? The pencils that have been released look tight. Let's just hope the inking is good and they don't kill it with some horrible digital colors.