• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World L.A.

263 posts in this topic

There are plenty of restaurants tall around the convention. Hooters on Pine St and of course the Yard House if anyone is down for a few yards of beer!

Hooters? I'll pass on that one. There have to be some real restaurants in the area, right?

If you don't like Hooters you could always get a Whopper at Burger King! wink.gif

I was thinking Weinerschnizel.

confused.gif

There are plenty of restaurants tall around the convention. Hooters on Pine St and of course the Yard House if anyone is down for a few yards of beer!

Hooters? I'll pass on that one. There have to be some real restaurants in the area, right?

If you don't like Hooters you could always get a Whopper at Burger King! wink.gif

Ohhh baby. Fifteen shnitzengruben is MY LIMIT!

Oh man... we had one about 200 yds from my old shop...

You gotta love a fast food place that offers Hawaiian Punch. thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Yard's of beer? Fill it with Guinness & I'm there! sumo.gif

(actually, you could fill it with "nasty" lite and I'd still knock back a couple) gossip.gif

Excuse me while I whip this out.

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

We'd like to present you with this laurel and hearty handshake...

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Roll, roll, roll in ze hay!

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Roll, roll, roll in ze hay!

buzz thank you for playing! Young Frankenstein references are NOT allowed here. grin.gifUnless we're talking about

"Nice knockers!"

"Thank you doctor"

Everyone interested in Wizard World LA should check out the updated guest list. The director of THE PUNISHER will be there, with the Punisher himself Thomas Jane (also going to sign autographs), along with the director and stars of HELLBOY (Guillermo Del Toro, Ron Perelman, and Selma Blair). Avi Arad is also slated to show, along with Gale Anne Hurd, who produced the TERMINATOR films and HULK.

And as everyone probably knows, advance ticket buying now gets you a WW LA cover Hellboy comic, and the WW TX Wolverine The End 1 comic.

IF everyone on their updated guest list shows, this should be a fantastic convention.

Oh, and off course this post serves to "BUMP" this thread laugh.gif

Enjoy Your Weekend

Christopher H

David Carradine (from Kill Bill, and Kung Fu), and Michael Jai White are going to put in an appearance at the con.

There are also rumors that some creators/comic folk, etc., may pass on Megacon in FL (maybe because the show may not have as much support now that Crossgen has gone kablooey?), and show up at WW LA.

Oh yeah...BUMP! laugh.gif

Enjoy Your Weekend

Christopher H

That con is infamous for its lack of foot traffic. Steven Grant had a lot to say about how the con could get it's act together in an old CBR column (it is probably archived).

I hear Chuck R from Mile High Comics even apologized for recommending that folks attend that con...yikes!

Wizard World L.A. is going to fun for me because I am looking forward to enjoying the Hollywood element of the con just as much, if not more so, as the comic element.

Not to mention that I have been buying and reading comics since Uncanny X-Men 188 was on the racks, yet this will be my first "major" con (Wondercon was the only other really significant con I attended, and that was for one day many years ago) I have ever attended. With the exception of a handful of fairly local cons (and some small cons that used to be held on a monthly basis many moons-ago near where I live), I have been out of the convention circuit for too-many years.

The above may cause some board members to now understand why I am VERY enthusiastic and on cloud9.gif about attending this con, and keep bumping up this post to provide guest-list updates.

And speaking of events/updates---when the con is less than a month away I will remind folks of whether or not they want to try and form a CGC dinner get-together.

Enjoy Your Evening

Christopher H

This will act as my weekly/bi-weekly bump of this thread.

The actress who plays Mystique (R. Stamos) is going to put in an appearance at the con! Only on the Sunday Punisher film panel (which I am praying I have time to attend).

Regards

Christopher H

Is the dinner Saturday night? I think that's the best option.

Timely

After going over this post, here is a tentative list of dinner attendees, probably on Saturday night of the con.

Lockjaw

Rickdogg

Gman

Timely

deathlok

FIComicFan

Any others out plan on attending the dinner?

Borock, how many from CGC will be attending? Will Gemma finally be seen with comic geeks?

I think the Yard House sounds like a perfect location, wide variety of food choices, beer, close location, beer, great music, beer, hip atmosphere, and oh yeah beer.

Thoughts?

After going over this post, here is a tentative list of dinner attendees, probably on Saturday night of the con.

REVISED

Lockjaw

Rickdogg

Gman

Timely

deathlok

FIComicFan

Kevthemev

Any others out there plan on attending the dinner?