• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World L.A.

263 posts in this topic

So what's the plan for Saturday night? Are we meeting at the CGC table at 7, or ar the Yardhouse at 8?

Also, does anyone know if we can leave our cars in the convention center parking lot while we're at the restaurant? It's never a problem at San Diego, so I assume it wouldn't be a problem in Long Beach? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Those who want to meet at the CGC table at 7 can go ahead and do so, however since the Yard House is on a first come first serve basis, I suggest that we should head over there asap. thumbsup2.gif

Oh really? Do u have a number I can call to verify that?

Sorry no number, but the website does say -

"As of Monday, March 8th at 9:00 AM EST All Advance Order tickets must now be picked up at will call."

Ditto that.

If the Yard House is like most restaurants, they won't seat your party unless it's complete. If we have more than six people, it's likely we won't eat until 10:00 even if we walk in the door at 8.

It's 8:21 here in Los Angeles, the doors don't open till 10:00. Although anyone who is going will probably not be one till tonight anyway. I will take lots of pictures to share with you guys.

And for you uber-geeks going to the dinner, see you there. thumbsup2.gif

Preview night was relatively quiet. I stood in a half-hour line to get my freebies. Worth it? NOT.

Most vendors were set up and open for business...I noticed only a few closed booths.

I know "Neat Stuff Collectibles" is a vendor of some notoriety here on the boards. He (they) are here, for what's that's worth.

Harley Yee is here as well, with a good selection. Lots of silver and gold from a lot of vendors from across the country.

I didn't notice a whole lot of slabbed action (though Friday night is early yet). Every vendor has some selection. Saw a 9.0 FF #48 that a married couple was eyeing as an investment. "What are you asking for that?" he asked the dealer. "What's it worth to you?" the dealer replied.

Reminded me that Friday is way too early to buy anything. I typically like to wait until Sunday when I can haggle. The only thing I bought was the Origin TPB from a booth that was blowing out all (new) TPBs at half price.

CGC is there, but they're NOT taking submissions. 893frustrated.gif

See you tonight at dinner.

hi.gif and sorry.gif for not responding earlier...could not log into these boards until this evening. I left the con right before the Hellboy panel (had dinner at Outback Steakhouse), so I basically missed meeting yourself, and all of the other great members that populate this forum.

Great con, went for the exclusive goodies you can buy during the preview night, and some panels...had a blast, and I am eager to attend this con again next year (assuming my grad school schedule allows for the opportunity).

Have A Great Week

Christopher H

The con was pretty good, but looks like it will improve much more next year. There were a good amount of dealers considering how small the venue was; Bob Storms, Metropolis, Comiccollectorshop, Terry's Comics, Harley Yee, Neatstuff, etc. One thing that was pretty light was the guest list. 893frustrated.gif

Those who attended tonight's dinner from the forum:

Bigman

Blazing Bob

Calamerica

Deathlok

gemma

gman

kevthemev

mikeS

paradisecomics

rickdogg

Sborock