• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the most underrated/overlooked title or run you have ever read?

142 posts in this topic

Mad. Although it gets a fair amount of appreciation, I don't think the title gets the recognition it deserves for changing the cultural landscape in the US of not only humor, but of political and social satire and commentary as well.

Anything XENOZOIC TALES related (by Mark Schultz). I picked up the compilation XENOZOIC volume 1 a few months ago and freaking loved it. Art is amazing and the story is great. I think this whole series is underrated.

Mad. Although it gets a fair amount of appreciation, I don't think the title gets the recognition it deserves for changing the cultural landscape in the US of not only humor, but of political and social satire and commentary as well.

(thumbs u (thumbs u

Hitman, the whole run actually.

Awesome, funny Ennis stuff.

Yes, yes, yes, yes.

This for sure.

I have to nominate everything done by Mike Allred

particularly:

Madman

The Atomics

X-Force/X-Statix

Red Rocket 7

He's highly under appreciated in my opinion.

Secret Six - Current

:baiting: Hiyo!

Gotta second the vote for Secret Six by DC and I will throw few others out there...

52 Aftermath - Crime Bible: The Five Lessons of Blood ('07-08, DC)

(This series continue the love-affair DC Fans had and probably still have for Rene Montoya)

Ambush Bug: Year None ('08, DC)

(Crafty series and quite entertaining with all the DC Puns and inside-jokes)

Black Adam: The Dark Ages ('07-08, DC)

(The issue alone to how Black Adam figures out his word to return his power, because Billy changed it during WWIII... makes this worth picking up.)

Simon Dark ('07-09, DC)

(More than solid story and reading...)

Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters ('07-08, DC)

(This is the second mini-series installation of this group... had not read the first installation, but after I read this series; I was hooked)

P.S.

Not sure too it would be possible for Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters to return, because they guest-starred in a series, El Diablo, and did not seem to survive it... well one for sure did not. Sorry, I cannot tell you who.

Secret Six - Current

Gotta second the vote for Secret Six by DC and I will throw few others out there...

(This series continue the love-affair DC Fans had and probably still have for Rene Montoya)

(The issue alone to how Black Adam figures out his word to return his power, because Billy changed it during WWIII... makes this worth picking up.)

Simon Dark ('07-09, DC)

(This is the second mini-series installation of this group... had not read the first installation, but after I read this series; I was hooked)

P.S.

Not sure too it would be possible for Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters to return, because they guest-starred in a series, El Diablo, and did not seem to survive it... well one for sure did not. Sorry, I cannot tell you who.

Uncle Sam maybe? :screwy:

:jokealert:

Secret Six - Current

Simon Dark ('07-09, DC)

P.S.

Uncle Sam maybe? :screwy:

:jokealert:

lol ... nope, he slightly made it, but you are close.

Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales and Beyond Wonderland Series deserves some recognition... I can't be the only one that likes these!

They are consistently hot sellers on eBay and very hard to find in high grade condition.

You're not alone. I love them...

+1

+2 though Grimm Fairy Tales hasnt been as good as it use to be. Wonderland has consistently been very good.

I used to love the core GFT book but dropped it a couple of months back. The writing got really poor once they moved away from self contained stories.

I'll also back up Havok and Wolverine and X-cutioners Song (I've got a slight bias for this storyline though).

I'll also add;

Midnight Nation

Ka-Zar The Savage

Jungle Action ft Black Panther