• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the most underrated/overlooked title or run you have ever read?

142 posts in this topic

Since the other thread is such a success. I have another question. Whats the most underrated/overlooked title or run you have ever read? For me it has to be Iron Fist volume 1 and Powerman/Iron Fist. I loved those titles as a kid. I still collect them, however I haven't read them since.

Epilogue

What is Epilogue and who is it by? Meaning company and writer/artist?

It's a great four parter, vampire revenge story by Steve Niles with art by Kyle Hotz. Published by IDW (thumbs u

Grant and Breyfogle on Detective and Batman in the late 80s and early 90s. Never reprinted, but for my money, were the most interesting and exciting regular team on the character since Englehart and Rogers and probably since.

Grant and Breyfogle on Detective and Batman in the late 80s and early 90s. Never reprinted, but for my money, were the most interesting and exciting regular team on the character since Englehart and Rogers and probably since.

I also liked the immediate pre-Jason Todd run of 1981/1982. Close cross-continuity between Batman (roughly #340-354) & Detective (roughly #511-520) Giordano was the editor, Gerry Conway wrote most of them, and Don Newton traded with Gene Colan for the artwork. They brought back a lot of Bronze Age supporting characters: Boss Thorne, Matches Malone, Man-Bat, even the Human Target crossed over.