• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the most underrated/overlooked title or run you have ever read?

142 posts in this topic

Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales and Beyond Wonderland Series deserves some recognition... I can't be the only one that likes these!

They are consistently hot sellers on eBay and very hard to find in high grade condition.

You're not alone. I love them...

+1

Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales and Beyond Wonderland Series deserves some recognition... I can't be the only one that likes these!

They are consistently hot sellers on eBay and very hard to find in high grade condition.

You're not alone. I love them...

+1

+2 though Grimm Fairy Tales hasnt been as good as it use to be. Wonderland has consistently been very good.

Oh, if I won the mega-$ lotto somehow, I'd offer to buy those characters from Dino, Jason, & co. ...

Believe it.

-slym

Like they'd sell 'em....

I have a feeling, if things don't go their way, they will happily shelve the characters for all eternity.

Oh, if I won the mega-$ lotto somehow, I'd offer to buy those characters from Dino, Jason, & co. ...

Believe it.

-slym

Like they'd sell 'em....

I have a feeling, if things don't go their way, they will happily shelve the characters for all eternity.

I'd have no problem offering more than 1.5 million.

There all sorts of ways to... persuade them, too.

:D

-slym

X-Cutioner's Song

I think I will try to pick this up because you have posted it about 10 times lol

In all honesty, I was looking for just one person to say they agree and no one stepped forward.

But I do think it's a great X-Men story and it doesn't even feature Magneto as the main antagonist!???!

X-Cutioner's Song

I think I will try to pick this up because you have posted it about 10 times lol

In all honesty, I was looking for just one person to say they agree and no one stepped forward.

But I do think it's a great X-Men story and it doesn't even feature Magneto as the main antagonist!???!

:baiting: give it time. After I pick it up, maybe I will agree with you.

I second Fade From Blue. Met those guys at a Con about 5 years ago and got all my issues autographed.

Plus, they have my undying gratitude for their Free Comic Day issue a few years back where--in order to prove that comics were more than just superheroes, in the back they listed like 200 movies and TV shows along with similar-themed comics. As in, "If you like "Law & Order" try reading X. It was brilliant.

Wolverine 1-25 was amazing to me. In particular, issues 9, 10, 24 & 25. Likewise, 34 is one of my favorite Wolverine stories ever.

Agree with Vigilante. # 17-18 are even included in the "Best of Alan Moore" trade.

Ex Machina. Basically "Iron Man/Bloodshot meets The West Wing."

DMZ.

Seems fairly popular on the boards but I think the Bendis/Brubaker Daredevil run is the best treatment the character's ever seen (better than both Frank Miller runs).

Stand-outs from that long run include # 16-19 ("Wake Up") and 82-87 ("The Devil, Inside & Out").

Gotham Central was criminally underrated. # 6-10 ("Half a Life") deserved its accolades.

Shadowman, Vol. 2 by Acclaim. Garth Ennis, Jamie Delano, and more.