• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recent covers, a custom creation and your opinion wanted

25 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Did these covers recently and I would like your opinion on one of them. Ultimately it will depend what my client thinks, but I thought I would ask the experts of these forums.

The FF 57 cover has a dark purple background, which is why on the cover I did not fill it in with black, however I really think it looks better when filled. I added a black background to it in a paint program to see how it would look and it just adds alot of "punch" IMHO. Should I black it in?

FF57white.jpg

FF57black.jpg

Same person also requested this custom Xmen cover. His idea was to have it be a mirror image of the FF 57.

Xmen57MEL.jpg

ASM75.jpg

GhostRider.jpg

Same person also requested this custom Xmen cover. His idea was to have it be a mirror image of the FF 57.

This statement kind of makes it hard to answer your question. I agree that the FF 57 looks much better blacked in. But it seems your customer wants the X-men and FF covers to be "mirror images"...and they look more similar to each other without blacking it in. (shrug)

This statement kind of makes it hard to answer your question. I agree that the FF 57 looks much better blacked in. But it seems your customer wants the X-men and FF covers to be "mirror images"...and they look more similar to each other without blacking it in. (shrug)

Yes would black in both if he wanted it that way. Just curious what the board members prefer. Seems I should black it in. I will do computer versions of both with the backgrounds blacked in to show him.

Thanks all for the opinions.

I have always thought that a person with "your" talent should look to do some covers with your creative interpretation of the story within...could be a very popular niche!!!

This is my ulltimate goal of course, for the moment I am finding doing covers that are very close to the original is what my clients are wanting.

Thanks though, I think I will have to create some samples.