• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More ebay seller shenanigans?

62 posts in this topic

The seller loves to use ebay 2nd chance offers too. I suspect shilling to find out the max bids placed, then immediately offering 2nd chance at a legit bidder's max bid. I took one of his 2nd chance offers, but I'm going to return the book because i don't like his style (even though I'd really like to own the book).

Before you guys start claiming he's some sort of scammer, you should wait for someone to get scammed first. It's better to be reactive to scammers around here than proactive! If ya act now you're bound to attract the wrath of the forum puzzies.

Who said anything about scamming? (shrug)

"Shenanigans" could mean anything. ;)

Before you guys start claiming he's some sort of scammer, you should wait for someone to get scammed first. It's better to be reactive to scammers around here than proactive! If ya act now you're bound to attract the wrath of the forum puzzies.
Yes. This is a perfect analogy to your situation. Oh wait. That's right. It's not. You were wrong but just can't be bothered to admit it.

Yes. This is a perfect analogy to your situation.

I know, right?

Some people check for rocks in a shallow pool before diving in. Not a must, but recommended.

(thumbs u

I believe this seller's ID has been flagged to stay far away from on this board....

This guy was selling a Showcase #22 as an unrestored book and the book was a known restored copy. He says that the book comes with a money back guarantee but I'd proceed with caution personally.

It was discussed in the Showcase #22 thread in Silver.

Here's the first time it was listed:

link 1

Notice the high bidder.

Here's the second time up for this book:

link 2

Notice that the guy who won it and didn't pay the first time is bidding it up the 2nd time.

hm

One of the biggest known eBay comic scammers. He sells cracked out PLODs as unrestored, cracks out books and bumps them up 2-3 grade points for resale, shills his auctions....you name it. Total scumbag that has been discussed many times on these boards. He also uses a variety of different eBay IDs.