• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sale of the Year - New Mutants #98 CGC 9.9 for $12,250
5 5

1,155 posts in this topic

I'd never heard of Keeley Hazel. Thanks Roy!

Boozad will be taking a 15 minute break.

Wishful thinking. 30 seconds was more like it.

Wow.

I don't know as I've EVER cranked one out in 30 seconds...

...well, there was that one time, in college..... hm

I'm just waiting for my check to clear so all my slabs will heretofore be from the collection of "Ultimate Ninja Badass . . ."

There have been some really sweet, sweet burns in this thread....

:cloud9:

Calling me a fatass is not a burn, Tupenny, Jr.

Is that 'cause it's true, or because it's just weaksauce?

It's weak, and I am, at most, chubby.

So it's exaggerated - kind of like my alleged love of Keynesian economics.

Wow.

Try adding a fist.

I'm just waiting for my check to clear so all my slabs will heretofore be from the collection of "Ultimate Ninja Badass . . ."

It's like calling me a pompous windbag...

Well, DUH.

Wow.

Try adding a fist.

Sounds painful.

Can I choose the fist...?

I am though, justifying the buyer's right to spend his money as he sees fit without having to be ridiculed with personal insults. Something many people are not able to stop themselves from doing.

Nobody has ridiculed the buyer with personal insults. On the contrary, people have gone out of their way to state that, if it makes the buyer happy, that's really all that matters.

There is, however, EXTREME value in discussing these issues, of which this latest sale is only one tiny brick in the wall...

I'm also arguing that the 9.9 grade is not a dart board guess as some might try to portray it as.

Didn't say that. Nor portray it. What it IS, however, is SUBJECTIVE...and the same grader, with the same book, on a totally different day could grade a book a 9.8....or a 9.9. Even you. Even me.

No dartboard. Just natural subjectivity when you're dealing with the impact of "1/64th inch indentations" on the final grade.

I need only point to the Amazing Spiderman #5 to prove that.

And I thought you were done with this discussion...? ;)

Well, DUH.

But see, you are smart enough to understand the subtle difference between referring to a "Pompous Windbag" Pedigree and actually saying "RMA is a pompous windbag." Delivery.

It's weak, and I am, at most, chubby.

So it's exaggerated - kind of like my alleged love of Keynesian economics.

If my fatness were in proportion to that, i would be wearing a kingsize bedsheet for a diaper and typing this while a frontloader flipped me over to avoid bedsores.

Just stop posting, Roy... you're getting destroyed doh!

I'm getting destroyed?

Why would you say that?

Well, now that you've challenged me please show me where I got destroyed, Mr. "big tits make a girl hot".

You're defending the sale; a sale which might quite possibly be the most ridiculous in comic book history. Just because you're a "comic dealer" now doesn't mean you have to try and justify it in each and every way, because you're failing miserably. And I never said big tits make a girl hot, they are awesome though :shrug:

Dude, I'm not defending the sale. Every comic book sale above the cost of the paper and ink is ridiculous.

I have stated several times in the thread (or other places) that the price is high. Higher than I would pay, higher than I thought it was worth. Sorry you missed those posts.

You were probably too busy with Keely Hazel on your screen and your right hand....well, never mind.

I'm also not trying to justify the price. I don't have to justify it because I have no interest in the buyer, the seller or the book. Or the price for that matter.

I am though, justifying the buyer's right to spend his money as he sees fit without having to be ridiculed with personal insults. Something many people are not able to stop themselves from doing.

I'm also arguing that the 9.9 grade is not a dart board guess as some might try to portray it as. Every grade is an educated guess. Every time you buy a graded book you are buying an educated guess. The risk ratios change with the grade, I realize that, but every grade is an educated guess.

So instead of taking a swipe or two at me grow up a little, learn to read and comprehend and then bring your points to the table with some intelligent points instead of making things personal like any other person who takes on a mob mentality.

Maybe then you'll see that Keely Hazel is not all that hot.

lol You just got me pizzed off and I'm the wrong person to pizz off. Trust me, you don't want me as an enemy. Guess fixing cars over the years has finally gotten to your brain. Your wannabe smart posts do not impress me. No wonder no one likes you here. You think you know it all or try and act as if you do when in reality you know nothing. Stop it before you cause whatever rep you have left further damage. I wish I could write more, but I'm too busy making money unlike some people...

Well, DUH.

But see, you are smart enough to understand the subtle difference between referring to a "Pompous Windbag" Pedigree and actually saying "RMA is a pompous windbag." Delivery.

A joke must be wielded, not like a club, but as delicate spun glass, for it to achieve its true destiny.

Let us pray....

Master_Oogway_by_Cri_Kee.jpg

If I ever replace Heatmiser, it will be with Oogway. :cloud9:

Say it ain't so! :o

He's Mister Green Christmas

He's Mister Sun

He's Mister Heat Blister

He's Mister Hundred and One

They call him Heat Miser,

What ever he touches

Starts to melt in his clutches

He's too much!