• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sale of the Year - New Mutants #98 CGC 9.9 for $12,250
5 5

1,155 posts in this topic

Just stop posting, Roy... you're getting destroyed doh!

I'm getting destroyed?

Why would you say that?

Well, now that you've challenged me please show me where I got destroyed, Mr. "big tits make a girl hot".

You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."

:roflmao:

I have a question that might be far enough off topic to make most people sick to their stomachs.

Assuming this buyer is a collector of high grades, like he buys everything in 9.9 or 10...Nothing else. Since CGC is fairly new how long and how large of a collection would he have to have for it to get a ped designation when he sold it off? I am not an expert on the whole pedigree thing but if it's based on size/ quality/ and number of keys if a collection was built of every key book since the early 80's in 9.9 or better would it be possible to sale it even though the books are already slabbed as a pedigree?

Just letting my mind wonder I know I probably shouldn’t.

Danny

That was....well, that was just awful.

My dog groaned when I read that....

;)

(tsk) There is a lot of wisdom in Kung Fu Panda

Well, sure, I would expect that in a cliché-ridden, yet delightful cartoon romp by Dreamworks....

But sans the animated turtle, it loses some of its....flavor....

kung-fu-panda-new-1.jpg

"big tits make a girl hot".

^^

Sorry. Wrong.

That depends on if you meant "big tits make a girl hot" as in horny for other girls, or as in more attractive if they have them. I agree with the former more than the latter.

;)

Well, sure, I would expect that in a cliché-ridden, yet delightful cartoon romp by Dreamworks....

kung-fu-panda-new-1.jpg

I am even more wise and charming than an animated kung fu expert tortoise. :acclaim:

I'm hoping for a pedigree designation when I die.

Well, at least for the short period from 1989-1993 that I was actually buying books new... ;)

My New Mutants #98s would qualify!

I would love to score some sweet "Pompous Windbag" copies when they hit the market!

^^

Sorry. Wrong.

That depends on if you meant "big tits make a girl hot" as in horny for other girls, or as in more attractive if they have them. I agree with the former more than the latter.

Yeah but big guns are not necessarily great guns.

Well, at least for the short period from 1989-1993 that I was actually buying books new... ;)

I would love to score some sweet "Pompous Windbag" copies when they hit the market!

Can we somehow make that happen sooner rather than later?

;)

kung-fu-panda-new-1.jpg

I am even more wise and charming than an animated kung fu expert tortoise. :acclaim:

Yes...but can you do....the Wuxi Finger Hold...??

^^

Sorry. Wrong.

In your eyes.

^^

Sorry. Wrong.

In your eyes.

lol

Are we talking with or without clothing, cause that makes a world of difference.

Can we somehow make that happen sooner rather than later?

Evil.

You people are pure evil.

Pompous Windbag...mutter, grumble...I'll show YOU pompous windbag!

Just for that, I'm not going to post ANYTHING for FIVE...MINUTES.

See how much you miss me THEN, huh...?

Yeah, that's right....

Peds need to be purchased straight off the newsstand so if he's buying books from other people it'll never be a Ped.

Ha...learned something new. That makes the whole ped thing more interesting and impressive.

It would not get a pedigree designation because the person did not buy them off the stands. It could get a "From the Collection of ___________________" designation, though.

That would work as well, so instead of being a ped he gets recognized for this amazing collection and all the books get a bump because of the way he collected over a period of time. what kind of numbers are we talking about? How many 9.9's make an amazing collection?

Oh and a side note did the seller get his check yet?

Danny