• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Copper Pride & Joy

1,863 posts in this topic

Harleydir_zps38904d63.jpg

How many copies do you have now? :o

I wanna know when he plans on selling? hm

I dont have enough to go around. I need more myself. I do own two 9.8s and working on that. I just developed an instant crush on Harley. Dont even know why. I just hope the Jokers daughter isnt hers :facepalm:

here's one of mine

61B8BA88-6C02-404C-B8AB-B5D43784D238-8919-000010542EA65F0B_zpsef122dc2.jpg

Nice copy! Once in a while a search eBay for this book in that grade. I LOVED this comic when it first came out....was one of my all time faves! :headbang: I remember having to wait the whole year with baited breathe for all the issues to be released....and read then as soon as I got home from the comic store on release day most times. :cloud9:

here's one of mine

61B8BA88-6C02-404C-B8AB-B5D43784D238-8919-000010542EA65F0B_zpsef122dc2.jpg

Nice copy! Once in a while a search eBay for this book in that grade. I LOVED this comic when it first came out....was one of my all time faves! :headbang: I remember having to wait the whole year with baited breathe for all the issues to be released....and read then as soon as I got home from the comic store on release day most times. :cloud9:

AMEN Brother!

life was so much....different back then. my copy (back then) was kept in a mylar, pinned up on the pushboard over my bed :)

good times indeed.

Check this out my fellow enthuseists me, and my other personalities thought we had a good grip on what is happening in the comic world, haha. I didn't know there was even a copper category, I'm really not surprised to know I don't know chit basically about anything earlier than 1998 when I started reading and collecting comics when Marvel Knights was the chit and Joey took over as editor-in-chief. My first 12 issue mini was Avengers Forever with 'whatshisname' on the cover wearing a Hot Tuna shirt which I thought was like mad cool. I'm pretty sure Carlos Pacheco was the artist my favorite at the time for his ability to change styles so easily.

I liked your comments on the early Goon so now I have to ask you if you please what is considered early? I have Goon #41 published 2012 by no means considered early Eric Powell but like art I buy books to read first and foremost and if they turnout to be worth alittle sumting, sumting all the better. I also have Powell's 'Chimichanga #1published by Eric's Albatross Exploding Funny Books copyright 2009, 2010 and a couple of sets of my favorite Powell's 'From the pages of The Goon, BUZZARD 1, 2 and 3 copyright 6-2010 and lastly a couple of Billy the Kids Old Timey Oddities #3 and 4 so if anyone is in procession of #1 and 2 give me a shout.

You mentioned one of my newest favorite artists the amazing Doug Mahnke, besides the great work he's done with Green Lantern's 'Brightest Day' and my favorites 'Blackest Night's' the story of Willian Hand that was so cool, sorry I forgot who did the writing and the books are not at the easiest place to get my hands on. His 'Seven Soldiers Frankenstein' #1 and 2 with the really creepy 'UglyHead' is like the best visually looking books Mahnke/Grant Morrision has done other than Blackest Night. These books are all NM at least in my very humble but confident opinion a grade of 9.6 at least. Oh also I'm missing #3 and 4 of Seven Soldiers Frankie so anyone who has NM issues please give me a shout, I'm very fair and alittle competitive when I really want something but don't try to run game on me I can almost always tell.

I wanna say it's gonna be a pleasure and a learning experience for me, other than I know where to get some pretty good deals on books I rarely spend over $2 apiece for most of the books mentioned and a whole bunch more. Unfortunately I have like no experience with a comics community like this where I see a whole new comic world opening up. Its gonna be interesting I love comics, books (first editions) anyone with a first printing of Hunter Thompson's Hells Angels we should talk, my father did have one but left it somewhere's and its been killing me for like 25yrs...lol Night..

Bill

Check this out my fellow enthuseists me, and my other personalities thought we had a good grip on what is happening in the comic world, haha. I didn't know there was even a copper category, I'm really not surprised to know I don't know chit basically about anything earlier than 1998 when I started reading and collecting comics when Marvel Knights was the chit and Joey took over as editor-in-chief. My first 12 issue mini was Avengers Forever with 'whatshisname' on the cover wearing a Hot Tuna shirt which I thought was like mad cool. I'm pretty sure Carlos Pacheco was the artist my favorite at the time for his ability to change styles so easily.

I liked your comments on the early Goon so now I have to ask you if you please what is considered early? I have Goon #41 published 2012 by no means considered early Eric Powell but like art I buy books to read first and foremost and if they turnout to be worth alittle sumting, sumting all the better. I also have Powell's 'Chimichanga #1published by Eric's Albatross Exploding Funny Books copyright 2009, 2010 and a couple of sets of my favorite Powell's 'From the pages of The Goon, BUZZARD 1, 2 and 3 copyright 6-2010 and lastly a couple of Billy the Kids Old Timey Oddities #3 and 4 so if anyone is in procession of #1 and 2 give me a shout.

You mentioned one of my newest favorite artists the amazing Doug Mahnke, besides the great work he's done with Green Lantern's 'Brightest Day' and my favorites 'Blackest Night's' the story of Willian Hand that was so cool, sorry I forgot who did the writing and the books are not at the easiest place to get my hands on. His 'Seven Soldiers Frankenstein' #1 and 2 with the really creepy 'UglyHead' is like the best visually looking books Mahnke/Grant Morrision has done other than Blackest Night. These books are all NM at least in my very humble but confident opinion a grade of 9.6 at least. Oh also I'm missing #3 and 4 of Seven Soldiers Frankie so anyone who has NM issues please give me a shout, I'm very fair and alittle competitive when I really want something but don't try to run game on me I can almost always tell.

I wanna say it's gonna be a pleasure and a learning experience for me, other than I know where to get some pretty good deals on books I rarely spend over $2 apiece for most of the books mentioned and a whole bunch more. Unfortunately I have like no experience with a comics community like this where I see a whole new comic world opening up. Its gonna be interesting I love comics, books (first editions) anyone with a first printing of Hunter Thompson's Hells Angels we should talk, my father did have one but left it somewhere's and its been killing me for like 25yrs...lol Night..

Bill

Speed kills Bill ;)

Oh, and welcome to the boards.

Bill

Speed kills Bill ;)

Oh, and welcome to the boards.

You'd have 1000 posts by now with all of that. Welcome to the boards.