• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston in April! WOW!!!

311 posts in this topic

Are we thinking dinner again?

Here's the only snag for me: I'm going to have a small herd of high schoolers with me. hm How would the work? Otherwise, I'm all for the same joint--probably the BEST turkey burger I've had to date!

Be sure to get the HOTFLIPS guys to tell stories to your students about the Penn Plaza NYC cons....They'll be fanboys in munutes....

Here's the only snag for me: I'm going to have a small herd of high schoolers with me. hm How would the work? Otherwise, I'm all for the same joint--probably the BEST turkey burger I've had to date!

Be sure to get the HOTFLIPS guys to tell stories to your students about the Penn Plaza NYC cons....They'll be fanboys in munutes....

hm

hm

Detroit, too. :acclaim:

Mac I took a ride down to Sarge's Comics in New London, It's huge, It's a really nice comic store, probably one of the best I've been in,in a long time,people that work there are real friendly.

I've been meaning to head down that way since I moved to CT a few years back, but I just haven't gotten around to it. I might try and take a group of kids with me when we start back up in January.

Mac I took a ride down to Sarge's Comics in New London, It's huge, It's a really nice comic store, probably one of the best I've been in,in a long time,people that work there are real friendly.

My only pete peeve with Sarge's is the way they organize their comics. I like every title to be in alphabetical order, that's the easiest. They group them by character, so "Amazing Spider-Man" is not in the "A" section.

Dood -

Just make like Mary Segall. We'll take 'em to Hooters!

Teacher brings student to Hooters.

Why didn't I have any teachers like that?

Seriously though, this is a new location near the waterfront nowhere near the old one, so most likely we'll wind up someplace different.

Hey when I was in high school, the priest in charge of my CYO team took the team to the old Combat Zone in Boston. I didn't go because I just thought it was way to creepy to go to strip joints with a priest. He also had beer parties for the team in the rectory when the other priests were away.

A couple of decades later he was up on charges for molesting kids. Who could have seen that coming?

From the previous page:

Just waiting for CGC approval and this will be a Signature Series event, I will be accepting submissions!

That's all good and wel, but I need a Witness now! :baiting:

Maybe if you sing it, the witness will come.

Can I get a witness....

Showing your age! Grand Funk!

From the previous page:

Just waiting for CGC approval and this will be a Signature Series event, I will be accepting submissions!

Can I get a witness....

Could be even older then that.

From the previous page:

Can I get a witness....

You would know. :baiting:

From the previous page:

Can I get a witness....

You would know. :baiting:

Hey! Hey! I resemble that remark. And by the way you aren't a Justin Bieber clone yourself. :preach:

I was talking to bedrockcomics a couple of weeks ago and he says it is twice the size of the last place with a better layout. It is right near south station so I will be able to take the commuter rail in. :whee:

I was talking to bedrockcomics a couple of weeks ago and he says it is twice the size of the last place with a better layout. It is right near south station so I will be able to take the commuter rail in. :whee:

Nice! It was definitely more spread out and sectioned off at the last place. It was perfectly fine for the dealer's section (minus the area where Hotflips got stuck), but I'd certainly like to have the artists alley positioned much better than it was.

And oh yeah, I want a free Jim Lee sketch. :sumo: