• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Besides Batman Who is the Greatest Power-Less Superhero? - Poll added

191 posts in this topic

Conan. To me, the Older Conan the King would be like King Leonidas in 300, only even tougher. Would raise the morale/fighting ability of his men, and shake to the core his enemies.

If we can vote for someone better known in movies, but who has appeared in a few comics, I like Indiana Jones for pure survival ability.

Indiana Jones is just a movie character. Batman is a real guy.

I don't normally like to talk about comic book characters like this, but simply put Batman is human. As good as a human can be (maybe), but he is not going to survive 3 minutes with the Hulk unless the Hulk is in a good mood. Just ain't happening. The Hulk is tireless, practically invulnerable, and also has far above human reflexes.

This is precisely the reason I despise Frank Millers take on Batman and Superman. If Batman ever became a problem, and Superman was the facist that Miller likes to make him out to be, Superman would simply vaporize him from space or hit him at super speed, or at the very least, take the kryptonite ring from him before he could ever use it.

Batman's mythic fighting ability is unimaginably over-rated.

+ (thumbs u

I would go with (IN ORDER)

1) Hawkeye

2) Conan

3) Punisher

4) Black Widow

You better believe Batman is real; I saw him on Halloween.

Conan. To me, the Older Conan the King would be like King Leonidas in 300, only even tougher. Would raise the morale/fighting ability of his men, and shake to the core his enemies.

If we can vote for someone better known in movies, but who has appeared in a few comics, I like Indiana Jones for pure survival ability.

Indiana Jones is just a movie character. Batman is a real guy.

I can not believe that this one hasn't been mentioned and this thread has gone on for 13 pages. If this one had been on the first page, this debate would have been over a long time ago!

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the greatest Superhero (Aside from Batman) without any real Super Powers.....

ORGAZMO!!!!!!!!!!!

orgazmo-anim.gif

and don't forget....

orgazmo010bh.jpg

CHODA BOY!

"I'm not a superhero! I'm a Latter-Day Saint."

Think that I have to see Nick Fury as enhanced (how is the infinity formula any different the the super serum that Cpt. America took?). Have not read on him much lately, so if the infinity formula has been ret-conned out, then put him back in the running. Put my vote in for Iron Man...technically meets the parameters, but just does not feel right. In the spirit of the thread, instead of literal interpretation, I would go with Conan :)

Besides Snake, Conan has already shown he can whoop Cap. Remember the What If.

Maybe technically Cap can out bench press Conan, but "there is a difference between gaining strength from lifting weights, and gaining strength from fighting death".

How about Goon, he have powers, other than hitting you upside the head with a wrench?

I don't normally like to talk about comic book characters like this, but simply put Batman is human. As good as a human can be (maybe), but he is not going to survive 3 minutes with the Hulk unless the Hulk is in a good mood. Just ain't happening. The Hulk is tireless, practically invulnerable, and also has far above human reflexes.

This is precisely the reason I despise Frank Millers take on Batman and Superman. If Batman ever became a problem, and Superman was the facist that Miller likes to make him out to be, Superman would simply vaporize him from space or hit him at super speed, or at the very least, take the kryptonite ring from him before he could ever use it.

+1

I also think Batman's ability against the likes of Superman and other super powered heroes as "unimaginably over-rated"

However, I still like him as I've been collecting his books for 25 years.

Well, this is all a moot point, as you made the point that these are fictional characters. But "history" and precedence has shown that Batman would fair the best against the Hulk. Of course no writer would just let a hero die (I'm making a joke here, because they "die" often enough),

As you also pointed out, Batman has battled with Superman (arguably the most powerful hero around) and lived to tell about it. He lasted WAY longer than three minutes.

I guess there would be a difference between two "dudes" just happening to meet on a street corner and duking it out, and between two having a day to prepare to fight. If there was a battle coming tomorrow against the Hulk and I had to choose who to "send in" (with the restriction of not having any super powers for my selection), I would send in Batman. But my first pick would be Mr. Fantastic with his powers removed. He would undoubtably be ready, with some fantastic gadgets that were made explicitly to beat the Hulk. Probably an anti-gamma ray weapon that would turn the Hulk into Banner, and then Mr. Fantastic would have to finish the job the old fashion way. Open up a can of whoop azz. Or, simply shoot him with a Colt 45.

In the same vein, if the fight were scheduled for one month from now. The Hulk would be in serious trouble with Mr. Fantastic (without powers), Batman, or a host of other non powered heroes. But not Conan. Conan would just brawl it out and get the bejeebies beat out of him. He has no powers. He doesn't have a super brain. He has no weapons except for medievel types. He ain't even a Bruce Lee type. He is just a really really good back street fighter.

I'd put my man Hulk up against Conan any day of the week. Bullets and bombs don't faze the Hulk. What could a sword or axe do? Some of the best and most powerful villians (and heroes) around, have tried to take on the Hulk. The Silver Surfer did a good job. But most are lucky to survive to tell about it.

Conan would become a "legend" after tangling with Hulky. A dead legend.

Instead of the Hulk you guys should be comparing whoever might second to Batman, to Batman. He's the only logical choice. Who would fair well in a no-holds barred cage fight with Bruce (the only real Bat, sorry ).

Stark would get his handed to him on a platter, so would Hal (he was in the air force, not the Green Berets, right?). I have to go with either Fury or Ted Grant as he can supposedly out-box Bruce.

Just my 2c

Yeah I am not getting what all this Hulk talk is about. Original question was "Besides Batman, who are the greatest power-less superheroes?"

The Hulk can pound pretty much the entire Marvel and DC gallery, good guys and bad, combined. He is just a silly off the charts world beater. Lets leave the Hulk alone to eat his fruit loops.

Dropped into the gladiator colliseum for a mano a mano non super powered fight against Batman (or the sewers if you prefer), is how the names that have come up have come up.

After reconsidering....I have to go with Doc Savage. Just cuz nobody knows about his accomplishments does not diminish his abilities. Who else fights crime, overcomes it then takes the criminals to a secret labratory in upstate New York and performs delicate brain operations on them, to change them into law abiding citizens.

Not only that.......he is the inventor of the Spock knockout grip !!!

Well, this is all a moot point, as you made the point that these are fictional characters. But "history" and precedence has shown that Batman would fair the best against the Hulk. Of course no writer would just let a hero die (I'm making a joke here, because they "die" often enough),

As you also pointed out, Batman has battled with Superman (arguably the most powerful hero around) and lived to tell about it. He lasted WAY longer than three minutes.

I guess there would be a difference between two "dudes" just happening to meet on a street corner and duking it out, and between two having a day to prepare to fight. If there was a battle coming tomorrow against the Hulk and I had to choose who to "send in" (with the restriction of not having any super powers for my selection), I would send in Batman. But my first pick would be Mr. Fantastic with his powers removed. He would undoubtably be ready, with some fantastic gadgets that were made explicitly to beat the Hulk. Probably an anti-gamma ray weapon that would turn the Hulk into Banner, and then Mr. Fantastic would have to finish the job the old fashion way. Open up a can of whoop azz. Or, simply shoot him with a Colt 45.

In the same vein, if the fight were scheduled for one month from now. The Hulk would be in serious trouble with Mr. Fantastic (without powers), Batman, or a host of other non powered heroes. But not Conan. Conan would just brawl it out and get the bejeebies beat out of him. He has no powers. He doesn't have a super brain. He has no weapons except for medievel types. He ain't even a Bruce Lee type. He is just a really really good back street fighter.

I'd put my man Hulk up against Conan any day of the week. Bullets and bombs don't faze the Hulk. What could a sword or axe do? Some of the best and most powerful villians (and heroes) around, have tried to take on the Hulk. The Silver Surfer did a good job. But most are lucky to survive to tell about it.

Conan would become a "legend" after tangling with Hulky. A dead legend.

eh, I don't buy it. So an olympic level athlete with rarely matched fighting skills(Cap, Shang Chi, Iron Fist) can defeat an invulnerable opponent who can literally move worlds or survive an atomic explosion? The only reason Batman would ever survive is if Superman had mercy on him. And unless Batman is carrying that lead box with the Kryptonite ring around with him in his utility belt, he is going to need some preparation to fight Superman too.

For my money, Superman could destroy everyone else in an all out battle. His powers are just too much to deal with. Superspeed (which matches the Flash), supervision, invulnerability, super-strength which is off the charts. Even goofy powers like superbreath could defeat Batman. Superman is certainly more powerful than the Hulk(unless he was madder than he has ever been before), and more powerful than Thor(though King of Rulers would argue).