• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fenomenol fawcett fetish featured
9 9

1,880 posts in this topic

i REALLY love this one, d.g. so glad to have it.

master33.jpg

Wow. Still looking for my copy of that book. That and Green Lama 6 are the best Raboy covers. Something about the breaking of the swastika that is so iconic.

Some of these Master Comics are just miserably hard to find. All locked up in collections, I imagine.

That 13 looks also like it's a Raboy cover. If not, it's someone who draws well and is trying to imitate Raboy. Both are really cool books! :applause:

Did someone mention Raboy Captain Midnights?

captainmidnight11-front.jpg

That 13 looks also like it's a Raboy cover. If not, it's someone who draws well and is trying to imitate Raboy. Both are really cool books! :applause:

I agree that he's trying to mimic Raboy, but the face is definitely not Raboy.

(thumbs u

agreed,

agreed,

I don't see that the way the face is drawn precludes it from being by Raboy. It's not so different from the examples provided, it's not badly drawn and is too small of a portion of the image to, in my view, be a disqualifying factor.

is this a fersure raboy? would love to add it to my want-list.

and great book, book by the way!

Picked up a Whiz #7 at the Charlotte Heroes show this past weekend from Guy Rose.

I am down to need a Whiz #6 to complete my mini run.

:banana:

The Cap Mid 11 above is a Raboy. The 13 is conjecture on my part with others disagreeing strongly.

Picked up a Whiz #7 at the Charlotte Heroes show this past weekend from Guy Rose.

Wow. That's an accomplishment, sir! I seem to recall you were going for 1-20, correct? Very impressive. (thumbs u

Wow. That's an accomplishment, sir! I seem to recall you were going for 1-20, correct? Very impressive. (thumbs u

I've got 1-22 (minus the #6) with a few other covers thrown in like issues #26 and #30.

(thumbs u

The Cap Mid 11 above is a Raboy. The 13 is conjecture on my part with others disagreeing strongly.

then why hasn't anyone p.m.'ed me to sell me one?

You can have that one for twice what I paid ;)

I actually haven't seen this book very often in high grade. I've seen the 17 a couple of times (heck, the Church copy is available at Metropolis for just $3K :D )

I bought the one I posted as a 6.0, and I think that is probably right. It has some paper lose and a little tearing at the staple that would prevent me from grading it higher. I think it looks pretty in the mylar though.

I suspect that if I ever sell the Captain Midnights (all in VG to VF- or so) that I have been accumulating (I'm waiting for the movie :grin: ), that one will stay in my collection.

It's my favorite Captain Midnight cover.

then why hasn't anyone p.m.'ed me to sell me one?

Yet another book that looks much better in hand than the scan suggests.

I suspect that if I ever sell the Captain Midnights (all in VG to VF- or so) that I have been accumulating (I'm waiting for the movie :grin: ), that one will stay in my collection.

It's my favorite Captain Midnight cover.

Wow! Way to go, Roy. I can't wait for the group shot!