• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fenomenol fawcett fetish featured
9 9

1,880 posts in this topic

and another one of these; this one isn't listed as a raboy, but in other circumstances o'street and/or cgc list him as cover artist when one of his images from an earlier work is reused. here, cmj on the cover is swiped from master 23. it's a raboy cover as much as several other books are.

agc8.jpg

Here's a book that just turned up at the LCS......not mine, but I figured you fellas would appreciate it. I never paid a lot of mind to these, but saw an interior in a thread and was duly impressed. This one, too, has some incredible interiors. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

SPYSMASHER2.jpg

SPYSMASHER2i.jpg

Here's a book that just turned up at the LCS......not mine, but I figured you fellas would appreciate it. I never paid a lot of mind to these, but saw an interior in a thread and was duly impressed. This one, too, has some incredible interiors. GOD BLESS....

SPYSMASHER2.jpg

SPYSMASHER2i.jpg

Wow! If that interior was on the front cover, I bet this book would be red hot to all the cover collectors out there. Very cool.

SPYSMASHER2.jpg

SPYSMASHER2i.jpg

Thanks for showing that first page! Take a look at the publication information on the footer of the first page -- this was published before the United States entered WWII. A strong anti-Nazi sentiment is portrayed on that opening page with a swastika emblazoned on the skull and the three storm troopers. I suppose the "Red Death" might have been Fawcett's answer to Timely's Red Skull which, if I recall correctly, made his first appearance in March 1941. Very cool page!

SPYSMASHER2.jpg

SPYSMASHER2i.jpg

Thanks for showing that first page! Take a look at the publication information on the footer of the first page -- this was published before the United States entered WWII. A strong anti-Nazi sentiment is portrayed on that opening page with a swastika emblazoned on the skull and the three storm troopers. I suppose the "Red Death" might have been Fawcett's answer to Timely's Red Skull which, if I recall correctly, made his first appearance in March 1941. Very cool page!

The strong anti-Nazi stance of these publishers wasn't a trivial choice of subject matter. Right up until Pearl Harbor, the America First movement was very strongly against U.S. participation in the war and often minimized the barbaric actions of the Nazis. I wonder if comic publishers received any backlash from America First and related groups?