• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #7

83 posts in this topic

doesn't surprise me at all. I expected around $7k or so.

$2200 over your expectations isn't surprising?

well, $7k was just a ballpark figure, meaning "at least" $7k. I'm not the prognosticator that Gator is, but I'm learning. :grin:

it is a this time, that I feel compeled to retell my "what could have been" story of Action #7.

Around 2001, my LCS owner had gotten in an Action #7 that someone who had just bought an old house for renovation found in the attic. the book, the best that I can remember, was in about 2.0 condition, beat but complete, with some numbers scribbled on the cover in pencil. for only $800. I remember looking at it and thinking "$800 for this rag?? it's not like it's the #1 or anything" and handed it back.

now this was long before I knew about the CGC boards and had NO CLUE how rare the book was/is. doh!

well, I had an OO action 7 (part of my 1-14 run I bought in 1990) that was an unrestored VF range.... and seeing what the cgc 8.0 went for last year, makes me "cringe"

well, I had an OO action 7 (part of my 1-14 run I bought in 1990) that was an unrestored VF range.... and seeing what the cgc 8.0 went for last year, makes me "cringe"

Wow, imagine if you kept it. Unbelievable...prices these days. :eek:

I used to think that way, but I sold my action 1-100 and my batman 1-100 runs to finance the start of my business that I have been able to parlay into 10x what those books are worth today... so, while I will always have some regret of selling, financially, it was the best thing I could have done... if I hadn't of sold, I might be bagging grocery's at Publix right now

I used to think that way, but I sold my action 1-100 and my batman 1-100 runs to finance the start of my business that I have been able to parlay into 10x what those books are worth today... so, while I will always have some regret of selling, financially, it was the best thing I could have done... if I hadn't of sold, I might be bagging grocery's at Publix right now

Aren't you looking for a job?

:baiting:

I was talking with a boardie who was bidding on the Action #7 and I figured it would easily break $7K and finish just shy of $10K.

Sometimes I think this is the right healthy attitude to have towards comic books, or any collectible. They are not the be all end all. However they can be a means to an end when you need them.

well, $7k was just a ballpark figure, meaning "at least" $7k. I'm not the prognosticator that Gator is, but I'm learning. :grin:

it is a this time, that I feel compeled to retell my "what could have been" story of Action #7.

Around 2001, my LCS owner had gotten in an Action #7 that someone who had just bought an old house for renovation found in the attic. the book, the best that I can remember, was in about 2.0 condition, beat but complete, with some numbers scribbled on the cover in pencil. for only $800. I remember looking at it and thinking "$800 for this rag?? it's not like it's the #1 or anything" and handed it back.

now this was long before I knew about the CGC boards and had NO CLUE how rare the book was/is. doh!

:foryou:

I guess Action 7 2.0 are over five figures now. Metropolis had and 3.5 for $6500 back in 2003. Also, somebody in California owns that 4.0 that sold for around $15K around that time too.

Money well re-invested. (thumbs u

I guess Action 7 2.0 are over five figures now. Metropolis had and 3.5 for $6500 back in 2003. Also, somebody in California owns that 4.0 that sold for around $15K around that time too.

and I think that 4.0 sold for $25k on CLINK a few years later...