• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed

124 posts in this topic

Many of the opening bids seem high to me.
which ones?

Boy Commandos #1 in CGC 8.0 sold just weeks ago for $1793. Opening bid in the auction is $2400.

I'd start the Captain Midnights lower. Not a super popular title.

Even the Shield Wizard #1 at 7K is a bit of a stretch.

Hey Jeff ,

I think a lot of your books seem high when you list them for sale here on the boards, however they are your books. (thumbs u

But I'd never run an auction with high opening bids and expect success. You might not like my prices, but you always have the option of making an offer. In an auction with high opening bids, you don't have that option.

The thread was suppossed to be about "interesting items" not your opinion on the best business model for auctions (shrug) Bill has running auction for 25 years, his opinion might be more acurate.... (thumbs u

Also your example's are poor in my opinion , for example I think the Boy Commando's is $3200. in guide, just because some other person under sold doesn't mean Bill has to give his books away as well...does it?

which ones?

Boy Commandos #1 in CGC 8.0 sold just weeks ago for $1793. Opening bid in the auction is $2400.

Hey Jeff ,

I think a lot of your books seem high when you list them for sale here on the boards, however they are your books. (thumbs u

But I'd never run an auction with high opening bids and expect success. You might not like my prices, but you always have the option of making an offer. In an auction with high opening bids, you don't have that option.

The thread was suppossed to be about "interesting items" not your opinion on the best business model for auctions (shrug) Bill has running auction for 25 years, his opinion might be more acurate.... (thumbs u

Also your example's are poor in my opinion , for example I think the Boy Commando's is $3200. in guide, just because some other person under sold doesn't mean Bill has to give his books away as well...does it?

Frank, I'm expressing my opinion. I understand that you don't agree with it, but don't try to censor me, either here or in ridiculous PMs.

which ones?

Hey Jeff ,

Frank, I'm expressing my opinion. I understand that you don't agree with it, but don't try to censor me, either here or in ridiculous PMs.

Jeff,

I already replied and said I will be posting my opinions on your ridiculously priced books on your next sales thread. Before I ever came on the boards many "boardies" had expressed the fact that your books are usually priced way out of common sense price ranges. I always felt that type of information was just sour grapes from people that couldn't afford your books, now I realize they were right . However the difference between you and me is that I didn't go on your threads and c r a p on them with negative comments. Thank for straightening me out, you are a real class act Jeff :screwy: (thumbs u lol

Jeff's prices were so ridiculous when he sold his Nedors, he had 80% of them sold within the first few days. ;)

Just got this pleasant PM from Frank...

Remember that when your next sales thread starts, I will show you the same courtesey, I promise .

I used to think you were a class act Jeff, you have proved me wrong.

Not everyone is interested in your opinion...I certainly am not interested in your opinion, it lacks substance. I am putting you on notice to stay off my threads, if you prefer I can have you thrown off them should you participate in the future.

You have been served "delaney"

Remember that when your next sales thread starts, I will show you the same courtesey, I promise .

Not everyone is interested in your opinion...I certainly am not interested in your opinion, it lacks substance. I am putting you on notice to stay off my threads, if you prefer I can have you thrown off them should you participate in the future.

That was funny. :roflmao:

You just got served ! Booyaa ! Like a bad teen comedy around here. :roflmao:

You sure did Jeff, and when you have your next thread I will be sharing my negative thoughts about it as you informed me you had the right to do on mine?

Turn about is not fair play here?

Frank, I think I can speak for Jeff and the vast majority of the Golden Age Forum, when I say that we all hold Bill in very high regard. I'm pretty confident that Jeff's comments weren't made to disparage Bill or his business model.

Personally, I'm going to go out on a limb and say I think the set prices for this auction were appropriate given the circumstances of the market (soft in general, plus it follows a month of tremendous activity that's left many collectors tapped). Add in that fact that the site likely doesn't get anywhere near the traffic of a C-link or Heritage, and the auction structure this time around is understandable.

Frank, I think I can speak for Jeff and the vast majority of the Golden Age Forum, when I say that we all hold Bill in very high regard. I'm pretty confident that Jeff's comments weren't made to disparage Bill or his business model.

Personally, I'm going to go out on a limb and say I think the set prices for this auction were appropriate given the circumstances of the market (soft in general, plus it follows a month of tremendous activity that's left many collectors tapped). Add in that fact that the site likely doesn't get anywhere near the traffic of a C-link or Heritage, and the auction structure this time around is understandable.

Thank you JiveTurkey, Bill is like a brother to me, and yes I spammed his auction.

I just asked if anyone viewed anything cool to help generate conversation. I don't understand Jeff's need to be negative and give commentary on prices that he thinks are to high. I don't go on Jeff's auction threads and say anything unless it add's to his goal, or is basically a positive comment. I have seen many of Jeff's books that seem way over priced in my opinion, however his threads objective is to sell them. not generate opinions about his prices (shrug) I would like the same courtesey???

This isn't a sales thread, Frank. Negative comments are made about all the various auctions(Heritage, CL, CC) here in the GA forum. As I told you in a PM, Bill can handle the criticism, and probably would not respond to it with the odd passion that you have.

Feel free to krap all over my next sales thread. Multiple posters will jump all over you for it. The rules are different in the marketplace.

This isn't a sales thread, Frank. Negative comments are made about all the various auctions(Heritage, CL, CC) here in the GA forum. As I told you in a PM, Bill can handle the criticism, and probably would not respond to it with the odd passion that you have.

Feel free to krap all over my next sales thread. Multiple posters will jump all over you for it. The rules are different in the marketplace.

Jeff.....

You don't get it, I started a thread to talk about cool auction books on my buddies web site. I was enjoying it, some others were enjoying it as well . I did not start the thread hoping you would come into it with what you admit was "negative" comments about his auction. I asked you to refrain...plain and simply . It is obvious that you can't grasp respecting someone elses wishes, or the topic at hand. NEXT TIME WHY DON'T YOU start a thread about say for example Bills' auction and how you think the prices are to high and ask if anyone agree's with you? :tonofbricks: You have missed the entire content here, this isn't about you and your opinions on pricing....THE END !