• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed

124 posts in this topic

Anyways, you know how these boards are. If you're a "somebody", then some people will welcome you, and then others will start ripping you (in Bill's case, questions/accusations about the "Gretzky" Honus Wagner card), and before you know it another well known comic book personality will be driven off the boards.

Many of the opening bids seem high to me.
which ones?

Boy Commandos #1 in CGC 8.0 sold just weeks ago for $1793. Opening bid in the auction is $2400.

I'd start the Captain Midnights lower. Not a super popular title.

Even the Shield Wizard #1 at 7K is a bit of a stretch.

Anyways, you know how these boards are. If you're a "somebody", then some people will welcome you, and then others will start ripping you (in Bill's case, questions/accusations about the "Gretzky" Honus Wagner card), and before you know it another well known comic book personality will be driven off the boards.

That's one of the things that drives me nuts about this place.

That's one of the things that drives me nuts about this place.

What? Ashamed to be part of a board that runs an icon like Don Rosa off?

Many of the opening bids seem high to me.
which ones?

Boy Commandos #1 in CGC 8.0 sold just weeks ago for $1793. Opening bid in the auction is $2400.

I'd start the Captain Midnights lower. Not a super popular title.

Even the Shield Wizard #1 at 7K is a bit of a stretch.

Hey Jeff ,

I think a lot of your books seem high when you list them for sale here on the boards, however they are your books. (thumbs u

But I'd never run an auction with high opening bids and expect success. You might not like my prices, but you always have the option of making an offer. In an auction with high opening bids, you don't have that option.