• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

remembering Dec. 7th 1941.

44 posts in this topic

I wonder what % of the US population doesn't even know today is the anniversary.

The % that is unaware increases as each year passes.

Sadly, I'm sure that's true.

Local station this morning was taking in phone calls from old timers so they could share: where they were and how they heard about the attack. Was a good way to commute in. (thumbs u

I remembered....talked about in school today...I started a thread like this last year but I can't find it. Was gonna start another but dude beat me too it. Thanks!

I'll post my covers later as I can't access photobucket at school. :P

Quiz Question

What important historical figure said: "A Date Which Will Live in Infamy..." after the bombing of Pearl Harbor in Hawaii? hm

I love full date stamps! Does anyone have any GA books that have "DEC 7 1941" stamped on the covers? Please share! (thumbs u

Since Dec 7 was a Sunday it seems unlikely there'd be any genuine comic book arrivals on that date. Newspaper strips yes and Spirit section appeared that day

Unless a lazy clerk got to the comics a few days late that week. Although, I wonder if stores closed that day once word got out about the attack.

Since Dec 7 was a Sunday it seems unlikely there'd be any genuine comic book arrivals on that date. Newspaper strips yes and Spirit section appeared that day

Unless a lazy clerk got to the comics a few days late that week. Although, I wonder if stores closed that day once word got out about the attack.

yah, stamping comics was the last thing they were thinking of....

Well, think about what books were on the stands in Dec '41....?

yah, stamping comics was the last thing they were thinking of....

Well, think about what books were on the stands in Dec '41....?

RealLife3.jpg