• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What will the Man-Thing movie do for the comic?

26 posts in this topic

I beleive it will perk up the interest in the charecter, and will raise the value of ST #1, Fear #10 and Man-Thing #1. I don't think it will boost the interest the way the Blade movies have done for TOD #10, but only tome will tell. I do think it stands a chance to be the next Marvel BA charecter to get hot though. Oh, and what's up fellow collectors, been down and out with a sinus infection and bronchitus. makepoint.gif

Probably do nothing. Possibly a minor boost that is short lived tongue.gif

I predict it will go from "Completely Ignored" to "Almost Always Ignored" on the Comic Interest Meter for about two days and then it will slip back into well-deserved obscurity.

Drugs kill, people! Or at least they get preposterous movies green-lit! Say no to drugs!

I beleive it will perk up the interest in the charecter, and will raise the value of ST #1, Fear #10 and Man-Thing #1.

Generally speaking, I think with Marvel churning out more movies that there will be SOME residual impact on the comic market (maybe not a dramatic sell price increase but maybe more ease of moving books) but I believe there will be diminishing returns to the overall collectible market over time--especially if 1/3 movies bomb big time (for instance, Hulk didn't meet my expectations in the manner Spidey did).

sign-offtopic.gif

And the Punisher preview I saw looked more like a made for TV movie...I wonder what will happen to the ASM 129 prices after all has settled... popcorn.gif

I loved that movie! I never bought a Swamp Thing comic, though. I had forgotten about it, but I have wondered the same thing about the Superman and Batman movies.

I think Man-Thing is a great character and, if done right, is going to be an awesome movie. With my luck Man-Thing #1 will shoot up in price because I have seemed to misplaced my copy.

In reality, I doubt it. There are just too many comic related movies out or about to be released. Only those movies that create a following of the characters will effect the comics.

I have to say this again.......Man Thing #1 is the worst, and I mean worst, comic book I have ever read. makepoint.gif

It's amazing how diverse opinions can be. I happend to think it's one of the BEST comics I've ever read and I have all the issues from the first series. Just a GREAT comic to read for me.

I have to say this again.......Man Thing #1 is the worst, and I mean worst, comic book I have ever read. makepoint.gif

I have to disagree.

Man Thing was an excellent read. gossip.gif

cloud9.gif

I have to disagree.

cloud9.gif

And the Frank Brunner or Mike Ploog artwork added to it's excellance... thumbsup2.gif

I have to disagree.

cloud9.gif

And the Frank Brunner or Mike Ploog artwork added to it's excellance... thumbsup2.gif

Gota love Brunner. cloud9.gif

manthing.jpg

acclaim.gif