• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insane!

161 posts in this topic

"Funny you end this bit of diatribe, which busts on people's inability to afford higher priced comics, with "Have some respect fpr otehr people"...

I meant this for Dawgy-G who had no trouble busting on whoever he wanted.

You get what you dish out.

I technically have the right to go up to a person on the street whi is over weight, and say "loose some weight you fat b---ard!", but that wouldn't be right, would it. I would be looked upon with a lot of contempt.

Yeah, Roman? Ummm, I'm the resident A-Hole now, so if you could take your little sideshow to some other dogpatch, I'd really appreciate it, okay? Honestly, it's getting hard to be the Real Jackhole around here with all you other insufficiently_thoughtful_persons horning in on the action.

Oh, and before you go and write some long-winded tirade about how you're NOT *whoever* and how you're championing the poor, unsuspecting Ebayer (that probably really IS you) AGAIN, just understand that I don't care. Actually, nobody here cares. You're a chew toy.

;*

Oh, I know that to be a fact. BTW, why did you change back to your old avatar? Did your little trip to the penalty box jade your perspective of everything? Damn VC! tongue.gif

I already did this, but here goes:

"I state for the record that I have no affiliation, or vested interest with Water-Walker. I know him only as a seller on ebay. I did purchase a book from them once, but other than that "he" or "they" are as foreign to me as you are CI.

Seriously, Dawgy-G's comment just made me want to sign on in response. I've been following these threads for some time, and simply chose now to comment.

"Yeah, Roman? Ummm, I'm the resident A-Hole now"

Believe me, I don't doubt you are quite the A-Hole.

Making that post most defenitly makes you an A-Hole, as does your avatar.

Sorry, didn't mean to insult your mother? Girlfriend? Probably both, isn't she. wink.gif

Sorry, didn't mean to insult your mother? Girlfriend? Probably both, isn't she.

Woo! Cleverness! Going with the mother-mocking! And picking on the avatar to boot! Nice work!

This makes you what, 16? 17? Nice work, "dawg"!

This Sarcastic Response has been brought to you by the letters F and U. grin.gif

Just matching wits.

Fact is I should have restrained myself.

Anyone who goes out of their way to declare with pride that they're are the top A-Hole, dosen't need my insults.

There's nothing I can say to you that you probably don't hear everyday. The fact that you have nothing relevant to say, but like to "poop" on threads suggests such a sad thought process and overall miserable demeanor.

I have no desire to replace your highly coveted and respected position, so un-clench and let that poop run wild.

Just matching wits.

That would imply that you're keeping up, Chew Toy!

There's nothing I can say to you that you probably don't hear everyday.

You're right... and I doubt you could muster an original thought if you were given a full afternoon to work on it.

The fact that you have nothing relevant to say, but like to "poop" on threads suggests such a sad thought process and overall miserable demeanor.

You're so anti-poop... Freud would have a heyday with you. and are you having trouble reading? I said POST. POST, you blithering dolt!

I have no desire to replace your highly coveted and respected position, so un-clench and let that poop run wild.

Well, I un-clenched and look what happened. You popped (pooped) up. The sad thing is, that's really true. I was being nice today. harharhar!

Well, in all, nice work, Chew Toy! You've almost been upgraded to Fodder! Don't let that encourage you, though.

"That would imply that you're keeping up, Chew Toy!"

No, it implies that I have to stoop to your level to make a point.

"You're right... and I doubt you could muster an original thought if you were given a full afternoon to work on it."

Right.......because you know me so well

"You're so anti-poop... Freud would have a heyday with you. and are you having trouble reading? I said POST. POST, you blithering dolt!"

I'm a blithering dolt because I wrote thread instead of post. Oh my, what a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point I am for confusing chatroom lingo!

What's sad about you is that I have no idea what the hell you even opened your damn mouth for. At least everone else seemed to be coming in this for a reason, but for you it's all about being an A-Hole for its own sake.

You make a point to be a big A-Hole on this board because you obviously need the attention. I guess when you need attention this badly, and have no distinguishable talents or abilites, being an A-Hole is the only thing left.

I'm done with you. I don't give a s--t what you say to this or anything else I may post. You seem to get off the more response you get, so f---k it and f--k you.

It seems that many of you are so spineless and un-carring, that if anyone stands up for someone else they have to be them.

Nope, I stick up for people here all the time, and everyone here knows that I am nobody. The problem here was not that you stuck up for someone, it was that you jumped in with both guns blazing. You need to start out a little slower and make your opinion known, then if someone jumps all over you, then you go into attack mode. Of course you can do it any way you want, but your current method is not going to win you any popularity contests around here.

Phil

Roman,

When I first read Ricky's note about it being a rip-off, I thought that was the wrong thing to call it. Over-priced, out of touch, or things like that, perhaps. But rip-off has an almost illegal feel to it.

But then, that isn't always the case, is it? If you went to 6 stores and saw, say, eggs priced at $2.00 at 5 of them and they were priced at $10 at 1, a lot of people might say, "$10 for eggs? Wow, what a rip-off!" There's nothing illegal or 'wrong' with selling eggs at $10 -- buy some staples at 7-11 some day and you'll see overpricing at work. But it does fit the idiom defintion of "rip-off" when compared to reasonable market prices.

That's all Ricky was saying. The comic is over-priced. If someone bids, then that's between seller and bidder. But I doubt the seller lost any potential business from Ricky's statement. More likely, he lost his bids by pricing his book too high.

You said you've been reading these boards for awhile. If so, you know that one form of entertainment is to find unusual auctions. This means rare books, scam sellers, shill bidding, and "rip-off" prices. I rather enjoy this aspect of the boards, myself. I loved seeing the Banana Box pedigree (thousands of comics in questionable condition, all stored in stacks of banana boxes with an enormous price tag on them). Found it fascinating to learn about the various scams (it sure helps with self-protection). I always read threads like this, because you can learn things from them. Perhaps if the seller read this thread, he would learn that his prices are outragrous enough to be deemed an oddity. If I was doing that, I'd want to know. Because it would cause me to make an immediate adjustment. I don't like looking like a fool, and I imagine the seller wouldn't like it either.

So call Ricky a public servant. Besides, he offered to beat me up when I first got here -- it's his way of saying howdy! And now I find him, and many of the posters here, to be great guys. Learned that quickly, as I got involved in threads that weren't about negativity, but about comics.

-- Joanna

This thread sure has taken an strange turn???

I just wanted to voice my strong opinion of ROB HUGHES.

I purchased many books from him this year through the Mint and I have never had better service through a dealer face to face.

For those of you going to San Diego next year, I encourage you to swing by the Mints table and buy a book from Rob. Ebay prices might be high on some items but he is a solid negotiator and I walked away with a solid deal.

Sometimes these threads that slam/slander and overall S#$talk dealers can get carried away especially when they are not on this board.

M

I personally have no problems with Rob Hughes. I have never done any business with him personally so I have not made any personal judgements on the guy. I'm sure that his credentials far exceed anyone on the board. However, like so many other threads, a well placed inflammatory post can lead to a barrage of one upmanship and other junk. Oh well, let's hope this thread ends quickly, as the use for it is greatly diminished! frown.gif

Actually Ricky told you to "bring it". Having seeing Ricky and knowing him to be a runt, I'm sure you could have taken him. BTW, now that I have your cornered, when are you going to "bring" the DC books on my list? mad.gif

Yes, Notch, that should be stated again.

I have no knowledge of the seller, nor would I know if his price is good or bad (I don't know anything about the comic he's selling). I was just thinking in terms of whether Ricky was initially wrong to say what he did.

Rip-off doesn't mean bad service, it's strictly about price. And in fact, all of us have probably paid a bit more from time to time to get better service. Service is worth a lot, IMO. It's up to the individual bidder to determine just how much.

Would you rather pay $1000 for a book from a bad seller (packs poorly, takes forever to ship, no communication) or $1050 for a book from a good seller (stellar packing, instant shipment, friendly communication). The prices are made up, but you get the idea -- at a certain point, it's worth the extra.

From every comment on this thread from someone who's dealt with him, that particular seller has great service. So maybe his prices do match the criteria of those willing to pay extra for that. And therefore, to them, it's not a rip-off at all.

-- Joanna