• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frazetta steals from Frazetta

155 posts in this topic

The Pocono Record is all over this. This must be the most exciting thing to happen in a long time... but didn't they just get some snow? It's downhill season!

"this man" :eyeroll:

The beeyotch in this video certainly has the look & mannerisms of someone who is looking to become a millionaire...

I realize you have had business dealings with Jr. and got a couple of signings set up through him but I have to ask, how do you know he had been managing the business? Did Frank Jr. tell you that? Or is that what Ellie said?

-My last signing I dealt with Mrs. Frazetta and Frank Jr., she said that Frankie was in charge of that stuff. So all I can speculate is that Frank Jr. was def. in charge of private signings.

If your first hand knowledge of the "Frazetta Business" is limited to the signings Frank Jr. helped set up I am afraid you might be underestimating what their business really is.

-Quite possible. I am simply trying to get Frazetta Jr's side of the story out there. Then I added my opinion which is what internet message boards are for.

Did Jr. ask you to write a letter describing his role in the business and then proceed to tell you what to say?

-He asked me to write a letter. He did not tell me what to say, simply to describe our transactions over the past year or so. Which I did.

Who informed you of this? As far back as I can remember Ellie handled ALL the sales and FRANK SR. had the last word on what sold and what didn't. I have never heard mention of Frank Jr. ever having control of what sold or what didn't. Your post is the first time.

-Frank Jr. informed me of this.

And really, I know you are putting forth Jr's side of this, but I think you should be careful talking about Sr. being demented. You jumped from "this is what Jr. thinks" in one post to making hypothetical arguments justifying actions based on the assumption that the dementia is a fact.

-I am aware this post wont make me the most popular of people. I feel so bad for Frank Jr. that I felt I had to post something. I will add that I DO NOT have the most intimate knowledge of the current Frazetta scenario. My opinion is speculation......and my opinion.

You may know Frank Jr. well but, sadly, that's less than 1/2 of this story. If he's the person telling you about his position, power, motives, and experience you may want to wait to hear some of the other sides before making up your mind that his assertions are 100% fact. I know that's what I plan on doing, because everything you have posted about Jr's involvement in the business is new to me.

-I hear you. And he was the person telling me about those things. I also think making my post will help me become aware of the whole story. Please don't kill the messenger. :)

Also, the "new guys" you mention as acting as agents for Frank Sr. are two of the most knowledgeable Frazetta collectors in the world. They are both 100% solid, upstanding, and honest persons as you may ever meet. They are each extraordinarily successful professionals in their respective fields and have rightfully gained the trust of Frank Sr. through their interactions with him over the years. Given their respective collections of Frazetta artwork I would wager $100 to your $1 that they paid for a pretty nice chunk of that new museum through their purchases directly from Frank.

-I have never said anything negative about these individuals. I do not know them and have never interacted with them.......Thank you for your kind words however.

So before you believe Jr. 100% you should realize that some of the other people involved are the absolute salt of the earth and people that have earned Frank's trust along with most of the people in the art hobby.

-Awesome. Thanks for "telling me" the deal. I will repeat this again-----

I cannot say what is true and what is false, however I feel it is IMPORTANT to put Frank Frazetta Jr.'s side of the story out there.........or at least what I know.

Remove them to a safe place? Museum not safe enough? seemed to have worked since the alarm went off...But what if he got away with it? Death Dealer Painting #1 sold on black market? hm:o

Give the guy a break. It is hard to come up with a good reason to save face when you get caught stealing from your dad. I did think the "my dad told me to" excuse was clever given his father's condition. If his dad flat out denies this he will blame his father condition. In that sense there is no way to prove him wrong. He will stick with that story to the end.

Slow your roll on the "Father's Condition" angle. Don't mistake a lawsuit pleading dementia as someone actually having dementia. Claims of diminished capacity or dementia are common in legal proceedings where children try to take control of parents assets. THAT DOESN'T MAKE THEM FACT.

It's insulting to Frank to make that assumption based on the claims of someone most recently found driving heavy construction equipment through the front door of the museum while his dad was a thousand miles away.

The man have survived several strokes and taught himself to paint with his other hand when he could not control his strong side as well as he could before. His left handed pieces are masterworks.

The man will, more than likely, outlive us all. And there IS a way to prove him wrong. If his father has never been deemed demented or mentally challenged or of diminished mental capacity in a court of law or by his medical providers then Jr.'s claim "my dad told me too and he's changing it now because he is crazy" will go over like a lead balloon.

Don't take a post on a message board with an allegation of dementia as fact.

These are all excellent points that I can completely see the reasoning behind.

I posted this in the thread in General, and thought I should add it here as well.

Michael W. Kaluta posted this to his Yahoo Group:

"I got a bit more info from someone On The Ground... there'll be more

"news" pretty damn quick, apparently. If any of what I just heard is

true (and I know my correspondent is a straight shooter), Frank Jr

does have permission for what he did, signed by his dad and himself,

notarized, and what he was doing is attempting to legally save the

art from the rest of the family who want to sell it off.

Whether this it "true" with a capital "T", time will have to tell.

Elie's will has been "lost", Frank is still the owner, but the other

three kids are going to say he's not competent, etc... a real can of

worms. Frank has his "bad" days and his "lucid" days.

Here's hoping something can be kept for Frank and that what appears

to be a family going down in flames can be salvaged.

Michael

Frank Jr

Isn't Frank Jr suspected of forging his father's signature on a fake drawing???

I posted this in the thread in General, and thought I should add it here as well.

Michael

I guess we can add forgery to the list of crimes.

If his father really directed his son to do something about the art you would think he would skip the heavy equipment and just bring the sheriff.

Michael

I guess we can add forgery to the list of crimes.

If his father really directed his son to do something about the art you would think he would skip the heavy equipment and just bring the sheriff.

It never ceases to amaze me how clueless some people are.

Did he really think he was gonna get away with this ?

When in doubt - contact a LAWYER , not a rent-a-BULLDOZER

Frank Frazetta Sr. has issued the following statement through his attorney:

"My primary interest is the well being of our family, including all members. The incident is distressing for all of us. For those who have expressed concern for my health and welfare, know that I am fine."

Remove them to a safe place? Museum not safe enough? seemed to have worked since the alarm went off...But what if he got away with it? Death Dealer Painting #1 sold on black market? hm:o

Give the guy a break. It is hard to come up with a good reason to save face when you get caught stealing from your dad. I did think the "my dad told me to" excuse was clever given his father's condition. If his dad flat out denies this he will blame his father condition. In that sense there is no way to prove him wrong. He will stick with that story to the end.

Slow your roll on the "Father's Condition" angle. Don't mistake a lawsuit pleading dementia as someone actually having dementia. Claims of diminished capacity or dementia are common in legal proceedings where children try to take control of parents assets. THAT DOESN'T MAKE THEM FACT.

It's insulting to Frank to make that assumption based on the claims of someone most recently found driving heavy construction equipment through the front door of the museum while his dad was a thousand miles away.

The man have survived several strokes and taught himself to paint with his other hand when he could not control his strong side as well as he could before. His left handed pieces are masterworks.

The man will, more than likely, outlive us all. And there IS a way to prove him wrong. If his father has never been deemed demented or mentally challenged or of diminished mental capacity in a court of law or by his medical providers then Jr.'s claim "my dad told me too and he's changing it now because he is crazy" will go over like a lead balloon.

Don't take a post on a message board with an allegation of dementia as fact.

I don't know if he has dementia or not but his son said he did. Now if Frank doesn't then Jr better think of a new story and quick !

"My primary interest is the well being of our family, including all members. The incident is distressing for all of us. For those who have expressed concern for my health and welfare, know that I am fine."

What a class act

Just what I was going to say. Especially like the emphasis on all members (thumbs u

What a class act

Just what I was going to say. Especially like the emphasis on all members (thumbs u

My thoughts exactly

Getting a copy from the Attorney's office who drew up the

Will is easy enough, so that won't be a problem.

I would like to hear what Doc Dave has to say about this; he know's

the Frazetta's quite well.

Michael

I think anyone who really knows what's going on or is truly close to the family would keep quiet until the legal issues are officially addressed. I know it's not as fun as commenting on the controversy and speculating but I'm sure that's why we haven't heard anything on this list from those in an official position to comment.

Yes, that is exactly my point.

;)

I think anyone who really knows what's going on or is truly close to the family would keep quiet until the legal issues are officially addressed. I know it's not as fun as commenting on the controversy and speculating but I'm sure that's why we haven't heard anything on this list from those in an official position to comment.

I posted this over on the comicart-l list. It has some insights that I've been told is ok to pass on...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/comicart-l/message/301653

Scott Williams

Thank you Scott,

More real information on what happened is always welcome. Thank you for posting this.

Best,

Chris