• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's going to Wondercon this year?

122 posts in this topic

there are like 8-10 dealers and the rest is just schwag. meh

Many of the larger dealers seem to be missing...

The dealers there off the top of my head:

Harley Yee

High Grade Comics

Graham Crackers Comics

Superworld

Heroes

Comic Collector

Terry's Comics

Ray Storch

Mel Crespo

Steve Wyatt

Scott Hudlow

Redbeard's Book Den

NCPI

Torpedo Comics is supposed to be there but I don't remember seeing them

1,000,000 comics

Jay Company (all moderns) three endcaps

BLB Comics

HouseofComics/Fantastic Comics

Neurosis138 has a booth

Dale Quick has a booth

World's Best Comics (never heard of them before and apparently not the the boardmember from here.)

I should be picking up some GI Joe ashcans if you need some. I may be getting them signed by Max Brooks, we'll see how that works out.

The next 2 days should be interesting. Some fun books should be coming out of this show... :)

Joel

Man that would be AWESOME! I would greatly appriciate it if you get 1 or 2 extra!!! Let me know!

I had a great time at this con. I'll have a report later this week. The best part for me was meeting the great Joe Kubert. He's the nicest man ever.

I also was able to meet the guys at CGC, who helped make my first con experience a very cool one indeed.

Now it's off to Easter!

I thought Fri was great!!!! Very busy in the AM / early Friday than any other WonderCon I have been to in the last 10 years. I was shocked this year. I usually get there around opening or 1/2 hour past, a lot of people up and down the halls already. No lines like Comic Con, that is what I like. I did not see that much high grade Golden or Silver Age. A lot of RAW books with CGC prices on them. I did find a lot of back issues of THOR V.1 in the $2 boxes for my reading set!!!!

Met Supergirl as well!!! I had a picture of her and my daughter in her supergirl costume. Very cool.

Great WonderCon! I was there on Saturday and it was awesome. I got to meet the entire casts from Kick-, The Losers and the new Nightmare on Elm Street movie. Got a bunch of stuff signed and picked up some exclusives as well. I have a lot of cool stuff up in the sales thread with some nice pics... http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3910444&fpart=1

The dealers there off the top of my head:

World's Best Comics (never heard of them before and apparently not the the boardmember from here.

A-1 Comics was there. I did experience the annual exchange I have every Wondercon:

Me: I'm looking for Fiction House comics.

Dealer: Don't have any. Try A-1. (Usually pointing in the vague direction of Brian Peets.)

Me: Thanks, but it's my local shop. I've been through their boxes a million times.

World's Best Comics is a small Sacramento shop that's been in business for a very long time.

Hey, Silent Master, I got a number of extra GI Joe Ashcans, and I had Max Brooks sign most of them. If you want a CGC SS copy, though, I did not turn any into CGC. I do have 1 unsigned copy that I could get Max Brooks to sign at C2E2 and then be graded.

FYI, IDW is going to have a special edition of that ashcan for the retailers who attend C2E2, 1 per account, so if you want something really unique, you should go for that.

This WonderCon was pretty good for me, though it really took a lot of me and I'm still recovering as of today. :) I got to meet Michael Chiklis (BIG thanks to Chandler Rice of Desert Wind Comics for the initial intro, and Joe Pierson & Jon Jesperson for holding a spot for me in line) and have my fanboy moment with him, talking to him about the Shield and potential future plans for him. He is GREAT to talk to in person, I was very impressed and happy once I talked to him. I wish the handlers and IDW would have done a better job with line control and such, but we got through it.

I was also able to meet the cast of Nightmare on Elm Street and Kick @$$. Unfortunately, the show personnel running those signings were so over-the-top unbearable and cautious that the experience wasn't that great. Sadly, the only comic that got signed in either cast signing was a Kick @$$ #1 by Romita Jr, only because he had run out of mini-posters.

I got a bunch of stuff signed throughout the show, picked up a few sketches that I wasn't expecting to get, but I'm glad I did. I had some time to dig through boxes and find some recent stuff I could use, and got some signatures and sketches for other folks. (Thanks go to Sharon & Chandler of DWC, and Jesse (fingerprint.ink) & his brother.) I can't believe how much money I spent! :)

I was there Saturday. Seemed pretty crowded and with less comic dealers this year. Hooked up with Chandler and Sharon of DWC and got a couple books signed. Picked up a nice Thor 126, Avengers 22 and 25 (Kirby covers), and some Savage Sword of Conans. I liked it!

Still no word from anyone on a copy of GI Joe Hearts & Minds ASHCAN for me.... :(

... and nothing on E-Bay yet....

(maybe someone submitted a 9.8 copy to CGC for me :) )

Sorry buddy, I never picked them up since Joel Elad said he was picking them up...

FYI, IDW is going to have a special edition of that ashcan for the retailers who attend C2E2, 1 per account, so if you want something really unique, you should go for that.

That would be SUPER AWESOME!!! Do you, or another boardie, know how I can get ahold of that special edition???? Maybe a contact for one of the retailers that I could buy this baby from?

Thanks!!!