• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's going to Wondercon this year?

122 posts in this topic

I'll be the guy in line for DC Comics, getting Marvelfangirl's books signed, as well as my own by all the fabulous DC artists & writers who will hopefully be signing. Oh, and I'll be at Artist Alley getting sketches for folks, and telling Michael Chiklis what a big Shield fan I am.. So if you're at the show Friday before close, and you see security dragging someone away from the IDW booth, it meant I scared Chiklis w/the fanboy routine. :)

I am excited but also in the throes of packing books, preparing some invoices, and trying to get everything taken care before I leave. I'm a little bummed that Chiklis's signing is the same time as the Kevin Smith panel, but I'll survive. :)

Joel

I love the Shield too and would have loved to meet Chiklis in person, I did at least sub a Shield #1 photo cover for a sig with Chandler, so I'm hoping people are able to get a few other books signed by him too. :wishluck:

FYI, two recent announcements:

1) On the WonderCon website:

We regret to announce that Adam Hughes will be unable to attend WonderCon 2010.

2) On J. Scott Campbell's Facebook Fan page:

J. Scott Campbell regrets to inform all of you that I will unfortunately NOT be attending this weekend's WONDER-CON in San Francisco after all. :(

On a good note, I just picked up some copies of Michael Chiklis's Pantheon book and the covers look pretty good, especially the foil they used as lightning on the retailer incentive. Plus it's on that great IDW cover stock...

FYI, two recent announcements:

1) On the WonderCon website:

We regret to announce that Adam Hughes will be unable to attend WonderCon 2010.

2) On J. Scott Campbell's Facebook Fan page:

J. Scott Campbell regrets to inform all of you that I will unfortunately NOT be attending this weekend's WONDER-CON in San Francisco after all. :(

On a good note, I just picked up some copies of Michael Chiklis's Pantheon book and the covers look pretty good, especially the foil they used as lightning on the retailer incentive. Plus it's on that great IDW cover stock...

Bummer news on Hughes and Campbell, but thanks for all the updates Joel! It's helping me plan. I'll try and meet with you and Jesse, will you guys be at a particular booth?

Mervin

Can someone do some shopping for me PLEASE.....

The GI Joe: Hearts & Minds ASHCAN is going to be available - I'd be glad to PayPal someone a "finders fee" + shipping - In fact 2 copies would be even more awesome!!!!!! DOUBLE PLEASE!!!!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25510

I would very much hope you are planning on visiting Mr Anderson and Mr. Kubert, they together are (IMHO) worth the trip to the Con. Legends, true industry legends...

Also, if there is anyone in town looking for things to do while not at the Con, let me know if I point you towards things to do and things to avoid. There are a number of comic shops in town, but also some neat, eclectic used books shops that I can point you towards (one in particular if you like Pulps, Dime Store novels and great old Sci Fi paperbacks).

Can someone do some shopping for me PLEASE.....

The GI Joe: Hearts & Minds ASHCAN is going to be available - I'd be glad to PayPal someone a "finders fee" + shipping - In fact 2 copies would be even more awesome!!!!!! DOUBLE PLEASE!!!!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25510

If no one else has responded yet - I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

I should be picking up some GI Joe ashcans if you need some. I may be getting them signed by Max Brooks, we'll see how that works out.

The next 2 days should be interesting. Some fun books should be coming out of this show... :)

Joel

I should be picking up some GI Joe ashcans if you need some. I may be getting them signed by Max Brooks, we'll see how that works out.

The next 2 days should be interesting. Some fun books should be coming out of this show... :)

Joel

Do you know where I can find info or a schedule for signings going on at the IDW booth? I would like to find out what signings are happening on Saturday.

Joel

Do you know where I can find info or a schedule for signings going on at the IDW booth? I would like to find out what signings are happening on Saturday.

Best to check here when you arrive.

IDW Publishing Booth # 519. No other imfo I can find.