• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's going to Wondercon this year?

122 posts in this topic

Adam and Joe Kubert were just added to the Special Guest list. They posted the Artist Alley list, and some notable names that may show up include:

Arthur Adams

J Scott Campbell

Travis Charest

Joyce Chin

Frank Cho

David Finch

Dave Johnson

Alvin Lee

Matt Wagner

Dean Yeagle

Joel

I've never been before, but would kind of like to go. Is this show worth the flight from Florida, if I am there intending to box dig for the standard high grade SA/BA comics.

Do Brulato and Lauterbach box dig? Because guys like that generally fly in to buy but not sure it it's quite the same as what you're talking about. PM Topnotchman as I think he'd have a good opinion on this.

I will say that there's a strong dealer lineup plus you get a lot of CA dealers that rarely make it east. Greggy had a SD report a few years back and just about all the books he bought were from CA dealers like I'm talking about.

I've never been before, but would kind of like to go. Is this show worth the flight from Florida, if I am there intending to box dig for the standard high grade SA/BA comics.

Do Brulato and Lauterbach box dig? Because guys like that generally fly in to buy but not sure it it's quite the same as what you're talking about. PM Topnotchman as I think he'd have a good opinion on this.

I will say that there's a strong dealer lineup plus you get a lot of CA dealers that rarely make it east. Greggy had a SD report a few years back and just about all the books he bought were from CA dealers like I'm talking about.

Thanks for the info! Tel Tupenny the show sucks. If I get there on Friday, he'll be there Thursday. If I get there Thursday, he'll get there Wednesday. Maybe I'll try Monday or Tuesday, and meet some of the dealers in transit on I-5 somewhere.

As for the book; I wrote it, but kind of abandoned it at the publishing end for a combination of reasons. With the market being fairly small, it would be a small press book. I'd want to produce something that was on the production quality of the Gerber guides, but that would never be a cost effective method. Small market, and extremely high production costs essentially put me at a stand still.

Still waiting for tickets to sale, but according to their Twitter site, they go up today:

"More WonderCon news! MARK YOUR CALENDARS Online passes for WonderCon go on sale Friday, 1/29/10

11:53 AM Jan 21st from web"

Went through the Exhibitor List, and saw a few creators who are getting their own Exhibitor booth, in case you were interested:

Bernard Chang

Sean Chen

Humberto Ramos/ Francisco Herrera/ Rabia

William Stout

The Joe Kubert School of Cartoon Art and Graphic Art (prob. home to Kuberts)

Joel

I'll be there Friday!!! My wife and daughter as well. This will be my daughter's 2nd trip to this one. She is only 2 yrs old. What a pace she is on. We go to this one every year.

Spending the night Fri, Hang out in SF SAT then back home. Only 1.5 hours away. Closest 1 we can get to. I am not complaining.

A-1 Comics from Sacramento will be there. I think they are great for SA/BA.

A-1 Comics from Sacramento will be there. I think they are great for SA/BA.

And GA, CA, and MA. Not that I'm biased toward them or anything. :whistle:

It looks right now like I'll be at Wondercon on Friday with the girlfriend. After so many years with the now-ex-wife who didn't like comics, I'm excited to be with someone who likes them and will go to conventions with me.