• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Larry`s Comics and the Drake’s snack cakes incident

22 posts in this topic

Could Larry come off as more of a jag in all of these stories? Even if the twitter issues and the stories from these very own boards weren't true (which I do not at all doubt they were) you would think that Larry would be all about trying to behave in the exact opposite manner of how he is portrayed to try to dampen the stigma quickly being attached to him and his business.

This guy from this thread

larry`s comics

I remember reading that now. Uh, this guy sounds like a complete tool. The thing is that there are a lot of people who would LOVE to be in the comic business. Instead, you get guys like this Larry character.

How do people like this survive? :screwy:

Larry seems to be a master of the feedback reply and a friendly sort to boot.

If you are so unhappy, why not send the back for a refund you little dink.

Sooo Spanky, You would have preffered Blue instead of Red!?? You Sir are a JERK!

PHONED he needed the item FAST for his sons "coming out of the closet party"

CORRECT ..I was ABSOLUTLEY rude & vulgar to this OBNOXIOUS person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point

doh!

> I thought Drake’s snack cakes where just a made up name for Seinfeld. <

If you're serious, I loved Drake's Snake Cakes tho I haven't had them in years.

Good for the stool.

lol

Never seen them up here in Canada.

According to pretty much everyone, that Larry guy is a jerk.

Not quite true.

Self admitted social misfit? Yes.

The devil? No.

There are two sides to every story and somewhere in between, even if tilted to one side, lies the truth. I'm a relatively reasonable guy, I've known Larry for 20 years and can say that the other side of the coin is that he can be generous, savvy, and a good friend. I'm not making excuses for his behavior in certain instances by any means, but sometimes it's not as one sided as it seems. He certainly puts in an effort to keep his customer base interested in a growingly difficult market with store promotions, exclusives, and fun shows.

My 2c. Happy Holidays.

Not quite true.

But does social misfit = quality retailer?

My guess would be that, in most cases, it does not.

Is this the same Larry's Comics that has a website that boasts -

"Come Visit us...We Are the 5th Largest, 11th Nicest Comic Shop in New England!"

I know nothing about them but I remember seeing this website and that quote and thought it was awfully strange to say the 11th Nicest Comics Shop. That is a strange claim to fame.

I know nothing about them but I remember seeing this website and that quote and thought it was awfully strange to say the 11th Nicest Comics Shop. That is a strange claim to fame.

If there are only 11 comic shops in NE then at least he tells the truth (shrug)

Not quite true.

The devil? No.

There are two sides to every story and somewhere in between, even if tilted to one side, lies the truth. I'm a relatively reasonable guy, I've known Larry for 20 years and can say that the other side of the coin is that he can be generous, savvy, and a good friend. I'm not making excuses for his behavior in certain instances by any means, but sometimes it's not as one sided as it seems. He certainly puts in an effort to keep his customer base interested in a growingly difficult market with store promotions, exclusives, and fun shows.

My 2c. Happy Holidays.

I didn't say he was the devil. There is no denying that his response to the blog was one of a jerk. Personally, if he had lifted his shirt and made a fat joke at me I would have laughed and went about my day. This is why I said the blogger is also a bit of a jerk. Larry has on more than one occasion responded to complaints and criticisms in a manner that could earn anyone the title of "jerk", even if they are cool people once you get to know them. Sometimes we're all jerks ;)