• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic collector vents on Craigslist

77 posts in this topic

Maybe Im getting old, but I dont get the humour in someone pointing out peoples lack of knowledge selling comics. In particular calling them nut-jobs.

So they are clueless in what they have..so what? Why take the time to make fun of people? What purpose is served? Who cares?

I would agree except for the fact that we both voluntarily spend time on a forum where many people complain far more vociferously about far less annoying things than anything in that craigslist post.

lol

Lordy!! What a bunch of losers we all are!! Myself included! :sorry:lol

Hmmm I will take those 100,000 comics that guy can't even give away.

If I sold those at 50 cents a pop I would have 50,000 or even 25 cents @ 25,000 and could totally change my living situation.

If it were that easy then everyone would do it. You've actually got to find customers the 100,000 comics.

Hmmm I will take those 100,000 comics that guy can't even give away.

If I sold those at 50 cents a pop I would have 50,000 or even 25 cents @ 25,000 and could totally change my living situation.

If it were that easy then everyone would do it. You've actually got to find customers the 100,000 comics.

K fine do it this way. @10cents a piece would be $10,000 which could also be equated at 400 longboxes (250 books per box) at $25 each.

At that price I could ditch them at local comic stores for cash even if it took me a bit of time to do it (hopefully within 20 months which would be perfect for me) or had to go to multiple stores.

And while $10,000 would be nice I need about $15000 to do what I would want to do.

In the end if that guy can't give them away I will be more then happy to have him drop them off at my place for free and I will do the work to get rid of them for whatever I could make lol

Maybe Im getting old, but I dont get the humour in someone pointing out peoples lack of knowledge selling comics. In particular calling them nut-jobs.

So they are clueless in what they have..so what? Why take the time to make fun of people? What purpose is served? Who cares?

I would agree except for the fact that we both voluntarily spend time on a forum where many people complain far more vociferously about far less annoying things than anything in that craigslist post.

lol

To some extent, this is true. But his tone is laughable because deep down its rooted in petulant hypocrisy which would rob blindly anyone and everyone who might be unaware of the value of their collection.

For giggles, someone email him explaining that you like his gracious tone and realistic thinking and have had just about enough of the nonsense with comic collectors who liken they're comics to treasures troves.

For best effect, include a top-view (wide-angle) shot of some keys and ask him if he could tell you what they're worth.

lol

To some extent, this is true. But his tone is laughable because deep down its rooted in petulant hypocrisy which would rob blindly anyone and everyone who might be unaware of the value of their collection.

That's a rather extreme extrapolation, don't you think? I read the post, and all I could glean was that he was angered by many craigslist sellers trying to sell their books without taking the five minutes or so needed for research purposes (go to ebay completed items, and you will find all the info required to find out how valuable your stuff is) .

Didn't spot the hypocrisy, unless you're assuming that everyone who hunts on that site is looking for that elusive killer deal? Bit of a generalization there....

lol

That's a rather extreme extrapolation, don't you think? I read the post, and all I could glean was that he was angered by many craigslist sellers trying to sell their books without taking the five minutes or so needed for research purposes (go to ebay completed items, and you will find all the info required to find out how valuable your stuff is) .

Didn't spot the hypocrisy, unless you're assuming that everyone who hunts on that site is looking for that elusive killer deal? Bit of a generalization there....

You aren't gleaning hard enough. Perhaps you should read the Old Testament and take example from Ruth and Naomi. :sumo:

lol

You aren't gleaning hard enough. Perhaps you should read the Old Testament and take example from Ruth and Naomi. :sumo:

Dammit. Missed that bit when I read it the first time. doh!

lol

Hardly a generalization. And the hypocrisy is in applying his "real world" perspective on what other people's comics ought to be worth. Not the same yardstick that's carried around when they're storming down on people's inboxes with lowball offers.

lol

meh

lol

Hardly a generalization. And the hypocrisy is in applying his "real world" perspective on what other people's comics ought to be worth. Not the same yardstick that's carried around when they're storming down on people's inboxes with lowball offers.

I think everyone needs to put their Thesaurus away lol

I'll admit that I laughed at the rant, but I'd agree that the writer was being a bit harsh. For the most part these seemed to be people asking about 33¢ each for a few hundred comics, not an irrational figure if you don't know their actual value. Not like the people who list their 90's collections at a bulk price of $2-$5 a book.

vociferously

petulant

extrapolation

I'm going to try these on some people in my neck of the woods!!! Boston area people are pretty educated but also talk very bluntly. I guarentee one of my buddies would say, "yo what ah you trying to say kid?" lol