• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legal Size Scanner thread.
48 48

1,632 posts in this topic

I just started using an Epson V600 on my iMac and I love it! Fast scans (to include preview scans), uploaded'able' to iPhoto, great scans.

Very excited to do a sales thread one day and use scans and not my Galaxy Note 4 (which takes awesome pictures BTW)! Or maybe a mixture of both. Options are great!

I'm pretty psyched (I'm sure who ever sees my pics of any books I sell is as well lol ) to have finally located a scanner that I'm picking up tonight at an incredible price. It's a fully complete HP 8250. I'm going to brand new to this so are their any tips I should know about? Either for this model or in general?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone who has a 8250 (or similar) recommend a go to setting for contrast, brightness, and resolution?

Been playing with it for a bit and I don't think I'm on the right track in comparison to the high quality scans I've seen posted. This is definitely not my wheelhouse.

I've read through most of this thread and I'm processing the great information.

My big issue is that all these printers are pretty expensive. Is there anything that would work, preferably as an all in one, that would be $250 or less? I know it sounds like I'm being cheap, but it's what I can afford.

I've read through most of this thread and I'm processing the great information.

My big issue is that all these printers are pretty expensive. Is there anything that would work, preferably as an all in one, that would be $250 or less? I know it sounds like I'm being cheap, but it's what I can afford.

Pulease. :eyeroll: You can find a nice scanner for fifty bucks,cheap arse. lol

Anyone who has a 8250 (or similar) recommend a go to setting for contrast, brightness, and resolution?

Been playing with it for a bit and I don't think I'm on the right track in comparison to the high quality scans I've seen posted. This is definitely not my wheelhouse.

I use VueScan and have some saved profiles that I use for slabs. If you want I can check out what they are, but I think you can play with them a bit and probably get a better idea.

Ok. I bit the bullet and bought a new scanner. It's a HP OfficeJet Pro 6830. I have a couple of question.

I'm using a chromebook, and right now I have to scan the document to my email, then save it to my google drive, then upload to imgur if I want to post it. Do any of you happen to know a more efficient way to do this?

Second. I'm trying to post my first scan for you guys to look at, and I can't get it to post the actual scan, it just posts a link? How can I post the scan like all you cool kids?

Thanks again for all the help you've given me.

Edited by kowings

Ok. I bit the bullet and bought a new scanner. It's a HP OfficeJet Pro 6830. I have a couple of question.

I'm using a chromebook, and right now I have to scan the document to my email, then save it to my google drive, then upload to imgur if I want to post it. Do any of you happen to know a more efficient way to do this?

Second. I'm trying to post my first scan for you guys to look at, and I can't get it to post the actual scan, it just posts a link? How can I post the scan like all you cool kids?

Thanks again for all the help you've given me.

Try posting the link, and including the tag before the link, and after the link.

It should look like:

wjfa2i383839jh3example

I apologize for the huge image.

What I did is clicked on the link you just posted and then right clicked on the image and selected "Copy Link URL". That gave me this:

<a href=http://i.imgur.com/oZhRaVj.jpg?1' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

I then trimmed it down to:

http://i.imgur.com/oZhRaVj.jpg

...and added the tags.

Can I recommend Photobucket as an alternative? :grin:

I'm happy to try photobucket. When you scan, is it possible to scan directly to your photobucket account? If not, what is your process? I'm feel like I'm missing something really easy.

I'm happy to try photobucket. When you scan, is it possible to scan directly to your photobucket account? If not, what is your process? I'm feel like I'm missing something really easy.

Awesome. Photobucket is much easier just because they've got the forum IMG link all set up for you for an easy copy and paste.

I scan to my Pictures folder on my computer and then drag and drop to the Photobucket upload page. I think that's probably as simple as it gets, unless I'm missing something too hm

I use VueScan and have some saved profiles that I use for slabs. If you want I can check out what they are, but I think you can play with them a bit and probably get a better idea.

Care to share your vue scan settings? I can gets a pretty accurate scan of slabs. But when I use maual settings for raw books scans vary from book to book. Same question goes to anyone using vue scan.

You do need to crop the image though .. all that grey-area is the under-side of the scanner lid (it'll also make for a smaller file, so it'll load easier. The upshot is that it makes for a better looking final scan).