• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legal Size Scanner thread.
48 48

1,632 posts in this topic

Is this the HP 8250 that many of you guys have here? Just making sure before buying one for CGC books. Thanks guys!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Scanjet-8250-Flatbed-Scanner-SNPRB-0201-/321052546739?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac03916b3

That's one of the ones on the list, but be careful it's not been tested AND

does not have the AC adaptor.

They might still sell the adaptors on Amazon, but I'd check before buying one unless you have an old one that will fit.

I got an 8300 on eBay shipped with an adaptor and tested for about $70.

Edited by skypinkblu

Is this the HP 8250 that many of you guys have here? Just making sure before buying one for CGC books. Thanks guys!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Scanjet-8250-Flatbed-Scanner-SNPRB-0201-/321052546739?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac03916b3

That's one of the ones on the list, but be careful it's not been tested AND

does not have the AC adaptor.

They might still sell the adaptors on Amazon, but I'd check before buying one unless you have an old one that will fit.

I got an 8300 on eBay shipped with an adaptor and tested for about $70.

Thank you for your advice!

Someone had posted that they'd had good results with the 7612 and it seemed to have all the other features I wanted at a decent price.

Anyway, I just came across the "Office Lens" app for the iphone by Microsoft. It actually works really well -- you can take a shot at a slight angle (so the flash doesn't get in the way) then it somehow straightens it out so it looks like you took a picture from straight on top and it automatically crops.

Its a free app so for anyone with an iphone and no scanner it's worth checking out.

Someone had posted that they'd had good results with the 7612 and it seemed to have all the other features I wanted at a decent price.

Anyway, I just came across the "Office Lens" app for the iphone by Microsoft. It actually works really well -- you can take a shot at a slight angle (so the flash doesn't get in the way) then it somehow straightens it out so it looks like you took a picture from straight on top and it automatically crops.

Its a free app so for anyone with an iphone and no scanner it's worth checking out.

Interesting. I'll check it out. (thumbs u

I finally got my 8300 up and running but I have a single sketch in one of the thicker slabs (Idk why) and it seems to be considerably more glary than the regular sized slabs. Does anyone have any tweaking advice regarding this?

Keep the top open when scanning slabbed books. Do a test scan to find out where the glare is heaviest (if any), then rescan pressing lightly on the back corresponding with those areas where glare is present on the front. Again, press lightly, ...slabs can take a moderate amount of pressure, but they will crack if you press too hard.

I finally got my 8300 up and running but I have a single sketch in one of the thicker slabs (Idk why) and it seems to be considerably more glary than the regular sized slabs. Does anyone have any tweaking advice regarding this?

Keep the top open when scanning slabbed books. Do a test scan to find out where the glare is heaviest (if any), then rescan pressing lightly on the back corresponding with those areas where glare is present on the front. Again, press lightly, ...slabs can take a moderate amount of pressure, but they will crack if you press too hard.

Awesome thanks! I'll keep this in mind next time I fire the scanner up and see how it goes.

Edited by Cascaders27

Can anyone help me out I have been going crazy trying to find a scanner local that will scan CGC comics.

I found one about an hours drive away a HP 7410 legal size. Should I make the drive out there to see if it will work? He wants $50.00 for it. I already tried 2 Stapes, Office Max, Comp USA and Best Buy with no luck. They all scan blurry.

Can anyone help me out I have been going crazy trying to find a scanner local that will scan CGC comics.

I found one about an hours drive away a HP 7410 legal size. Should I make the drive out there to see if it will work? He wants $50.00 for it. I already tried 2 Stapes, Office Max, Comp USA and Best Buy with no luck. They all scan blurry.

Why not buy off eBay?