• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DD 1 Only $2,400

109 posts in this topic

I sent him a second message to ask about his comment that "ebay is free".

He wrote back: "Um, did you know it is for blackcard members?"

Is there any truth to this? Do amex black card members not pay Ebay fees?

Even if they don't, somehow I can't see this d!nk having a black card.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard from an ebay seller. Tell him to take his black amex and go purchase the other half of the cover.

Actually... some of what you are saying is incorrect. The first 5 listings in any month do not have insertion (i.e., listing) fees.

Larry

Maybe so, but he's now past his 5 listings limit. He posted a bunch more today, all with lunatic starting bids and farcical descriptions.

And he plans to post "a couple hundred more". I'm going to tag this guy as a favourite seller just so I can watch the car wreck.

Here's the description from one of his most recent listings (for fairly ratty copies of TTA #68 and TOS #61). The whole description boggles the mind, but this is my favourite part:

[font:Arial Black]"As I have been getting emails about what else I have, I am making aggrements with those who buy will have sole access to the moment the buy it now auctions i will host for the following items."[/font]

Huh???

I am asking from around 200.00 and up. One is worth 200$ and the other 90$. These are exceptionally rare, in high demand... As I have been getting emails about what else I have, I am making aggrements with those who buy will have sole access to the moment the buy it now auctions i will host for the following items. daredevil #4, 28, The amazing spiderman #'s 50,3 ,21, 61, 65, 55, 56, 52. Tales to astonish # 92, this is in ridicilous perfect condition. , 84, 4, 81, 71, INcredible hulk # 102(amazingly perfect) 3... and a whole lot more.Its goning to take a hwile to get all these up.There's a couple hundred more, that i still have to go through :(.. Have fun and enjoyyy

He just sent me this email, so I am going to try and help him out:

Hey dude sorry for being a before.. Alot of poeple have been emailing me with insults and i just have no idea what the right prices are for the things Iam selling.. I do not want to sell these but Iam being forced too. I am going through foreclouser and I have to make this hard decision.. Please throw me a bone. And help me find a price which will sell so I can show the bank I am doing my best to gather up some money.

Hey dude sorry for being a before.. Alot of poeple have been emailing me with insults and i just have no idea what the right prices are for the things Iam selling.. I do not want to sell these but Iam being forced too. I am going through foreclouser and I have to make this hard decision.. Please throw me a bone. And help me find a price which will sell so I can show the bank I am doing my best to gather up some money.

He sent the exact same email to me. Same spelling mistakes, too.

Two-Timer

He was a complete wise-guy with me, but why list those books and have no knowledge whatsoever on how to grade. It says in the Overstreet Grading Guide a book with half the cover gone is 0.5 Poor. One quarter of the cover is 1.0. (shrug) He might actually be telling the truth but it would be ashamed of someone came along and actually bought something at those prices.

DRX

Me three.

If it's true I really feel for the guy, but... for chrissakes if you're trying to save your house, you'd think you could spend an hour or two researching comic grading and market values! (shrug)