• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody bidding in the January Comiclink auctions?

231 posts in this topic

I would doubt it unless the seller is willing to take a cut to pay the transaction fee. Comiclink can pay by check for free (OK the cost of a stamp) :D , so my best guess is that they would not willingly eat a transaction fee (as can be seen by passing it on to the buyers already).

I would doubt it unless the seller is willing to take a cut to pay the transaction fee. Comiclink can pay by check for free (OK the cost of a stamp) :D , so my best guess is that they would not willingly eat a transaction fee (as can be seen by passing it on to the buyers already).

there are numerous ways to resolve this and a stamp is only one part of the equation when you are a business (people + time cost money). 1. seller agrees to eat the fees. 2. CLink agrees to eat the fees. 3. transfer is handled as payment owed, which it is, and done via pp balance or bank and no fees are applied. This would be the same as writing a check, but without the hassle.

This would also potentially increase their return output of payments, which is a source of frustration for some sellers as has been echoed on these boards. If that's the case then satisfied customers might outweigh fees over time.

Hello fellow collectors, i have won 4 books so far and bidding on 1 more tonight..... i would show pictures...if i knew how, but being the total newbie that i am, i dont!

Photobucket is pretty good. Upload your pics to their site, then click and copy on the link provided under the img. It's the forum link. Then paste into your post on the forum and it should appear.

there are numerous ways to resolve this and a stamp is only one part of the equation when you are a business (people + time cost money). 1. seller agrees to eat the fees. 2. CLink agrees to eat the fees. 3. transfer is handled as payment owed, which it is, and done via pp balance or bank and no fees are applied. This would be the same as writing a check, but without the hassle.

This would also potentially increase their return output of payments, which is a source of frustration for some sellers as has been echoed on these boards. If that's the case then satisfied customers might outweigh fees over time.

I see what you are saying, and to be honest I agree. I based my response off of Comiclink's past pattern of behavior with regard to their business. I do not believe that they would take the short term financial hit to gain long-term customer good will. Were they to do this, I am pretty certain it would just be passed along to the buyer (through a buyer premium) or the seller (through making them eat the fee). The fact that they have not updated their site since the stone age and that they already pass credit card fees back to the buyers (veiled as a 3% buyer premium for everyone that is refunded if you pay by some means other than credit card) suggests to me they have their eyes locked pretty firmly on immediate income stream and not investing towards future growth/goodwill. :shrug:

The paypal transfer would be an option, but they do not appear to be too enamoured with them (seeing as how you have to specifically request payment in that mode while others are available with regular checkout) Another small but interesting point, by only paying out once a month (or whatever cycle it is) they can make out like the Treasury Department and tax refunds (draw a small revenue stream off of interest for the cash sitting in their account).

I guess the long and short of it is that I agree with you (were I running the business), but see Comiclink itself as being pretty solid on maintaining the status quo. I do hope they prove me wrong though! hm

SE

Hi anyone,

Total newbie to posts, so please excuse any breach of protocol.

Not only have bids going, but won a couple of items already.

Was able to get a Flash #218 in CGC 9.6 white pages for $183 and a Spirit Special CGC 9.4 white pages for $210.

The Spirit is the highest graded so far. A 9.2 copy sold for $274 a while back.

I usually end up getting one or two books every auction. That's all my budget will allow.

Good luck to anyone with bids still going for tonight's final books.

Hi anyone,

Total newbie to posts, so please excuse any breach of protocol.

I'm sorry to have to point this out to you, but all first posts in these forums must include a picture of yourself naked and holding your very best comics up to cover your naughty bits. (tsk)

We can forgive this breach in protocol if you just go ahead and put that into your SECOND post. :whee:

Does Comiclink take PayPal for payment?

This was brought up in a thread a couple of months back or so. If you want to them pay by Paypal, they will ask you to do it via the Personal option. Be aware of that when deciding on your payment options

Oddly enough, if you just imagine the image of an Asian Simpson's Comic Book Guy sans ponytail, shorts, & shirt, you'd have a good idea of why that photo will never get posted.

That'll do, your forum posting requirements have now been met. Welcome to the boards! :P