• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody bidding in the January Comiclink auctions?

231 posts in this topic

Honestly, I haven't nabbed any slabs in weeks and weeks... so I was jonesin' for a few in this sale. :grin:

Perhaps overpaid a bit for a that nice G.S. Conan #1 in 9.6, as I've been wanting one for my Registry Set, but got blown out on the numerous other late-1970's 9.8's so that left some $$ that I didn't feel bad about spending. Nabbed some other B.A. 9.8 here and there that I felt were bargains too.

... round 2 this week, we'll see. ;)

Well, tonight's auctions have gotten off to a whimper...actually won a few books so far. My favorite of the night, and perhaps for this entire auction when all is said and done, is an Iron Man # 43 in 9.6 with White pages for half of last GPA sale.

Of all the mainline 25-cent picture frame squarebounds, this book doesn't get the attention of an Avengers # 93, FF # 116, or ASM # 102, but its still a tough book to come across in very high grade. Should've gone for more IMHO, but the market has spoken....

Well, tonight's auctions have gotten off to a whimper

Maybe people forgot there was an auction after the 4-day break right in the middle of the auction.

I wouldn't doubt it. Consider few of the offerings are really top shelf, I think most people are just glancing through this auction, putting in a few bids, but mostly waiting for what's coming up in the Feb. Auction.

4,000 books is really nutty....that's 80 pages of 50 books each....breaking it up into two, three-day sets of auctions was a neccessity I think.

I'm abstaining entirely from the Pedigree auction, don't really have an interest in the Comic Connect auction of error covers, and will likely notch a gooseegg in the Heritage Signature auction. So, I guess I'm waiting on the February Featured Auction too....

Well, tonight's auctions have gotten off to a whimper

Maybe people forgot there was an auction after the 4-day break right in the middle of the auction.

Did I nod off again? I missed why there's a 4-day break in the middle... (shrug)