• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody bidding in the January Comiclink auctions?

231 posts in this topic

Is this because nobody bothered bidding on the December auctions because they spent their cash on xmas gifts?

That might be it. Definitely a little uptick in the market over the past few weeks.

Roy,

+1

Market seems to have absorbed all of the material that came on the market October/November. I think we are in for a great 2010 :)

\\

Greg

:banana: - picked up the GL #11 9.4 for $950 below last GPA.

Wowsers. :applause:

other than the adams issues- GL looked deader than a doornail

Do you know if this is the same copy that has been around for a while?

wasn't one that sold that was listed in GPA; don't know if it was one of the one's that traded on clink in the past. was probably a 9.0 two weeks ago :D.

lol

Or the copy that was on Pedigree?

Picked up a copy of 87 in 9.4, not the PQ I would've liked, but lower than any price since 2004..... :whee: and very nicely centered too...

Do you know if this is the same copy that has been around for a while?

i sold a GL11 9.4 ow/w on the boards here while back, thankfully was before this auction

not the same one though, this one in this auction is a tad prettier

few more i picked up...

RAD5CBFB20091120_131344.jpg

RAD72B48201016_182014.jpg

RAD3D43D20091110_95852.jpg

grabbed for the 2nd lowest GPA on record. am i missing something that caused it to drop so much?

barely lost out on the super nice hulk 182 9.6 to complete my Hulk 180-182 set :cry:

Does anyone else notice that the prices in the January auctions tend to be much higher than the December auctions?

I noticed that 9.6 copies of late 1970's BATMAN issues in January are getting the same or higher prices that 9.8 copies were getting for the same books in the December auctions :o

Is this because nobody bothered bidding on the December auctions because they spent their cash on xmas gifts?

Yes, that's it, and you can expect February to be even higher, as people who bought their Christmas gifts on credit don't pay the bills until January.

Unfortunately, they were. I sold my 8.0 copy of GL #8 for $450 in December within 2 days of posting it on Clink, but my 9.0 (soft 9.0 in my opinion - should have been 8.5 at best) only fetched $593. I should have just listed it on the site instead. doh!

I also had the 9.0 #15 (lost money on it), 9.0 #18 (made money) and 8.0 #20 (break even but bought it as a higher grade originally).

Looks like the demand for GL is primarily with SC #22, GL #1, GL #7, GL #16, GL #18 and GL #76 right now.

Unfortunately, they were. I sold my 8.0 copy of GL #8 for $450 in December within 2 days of posting it on Clink, but my 9.0 (soft 9.0 in my opinion - should have been 8.5 at best) only fetched $593. I should have just listed it on the site instead. doh!

I also had the 9.0 #15 (lost money on it), 9.0 #18 (made money) and 8.0 #20 (break even but bought it as a higher grade originally).

Looks like the demand for GL is primarily with SC #22, GL #1, GL #7, GL #16, GL #18 and GL #76 right now.

That GL 76 got a good price at 3600, but is that possibly because it was from the "Heartland" collection I wonder?

(thumbs u The last GPA price on the book, which is one of the most common early GLs in NM, was insane. Your price was about where it should be.

I have to say this auction has'nt really excited me. There are a couple of auctions we all know about coming up with more interesting lots.

I did bid on a nice 9.8 Chamber of Chills with Frank Brunner cover (which was so reminiscent of Ingels), but I then went to bed and I did'nt win it.

Thats my only bid so far and there are now 4 more books left that I am interested in.

I also meant to bid on a Dominguez 9.8 Ghosts but I forgot doh!

This book was taken off sale on Worldwide Comics at $115 then placed in the auction. It went for approx. 60 bucks.

I reckon that was a bargain.

I picked up one book, despite several on my watch list. The ASM 76 CGC 9.4 went for 284, which I thought was a steal !....I wanted to bid, I just forgot to check the auction. :pullhair:

Here's my one win :

RADA95A12009123_10630.jpg

great cover, and a memorable story. but, can she really point her toes like that? just noticed that.

The ASM 76 CGC 9.4 went for 284, which I thought was a steal

I noticed lots of good deals on early ASMs too. There were a few mid grade #16s that went real cheap. I had money only when the auction was half over and missed out on upgrading some of my ASM run. Can't wait for the Feb. auction!