• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody bidding in the January Comiclink auctions?

231 posts in this topic

What's up with the long break right in the middle of the auction? It's like after 1 more day of auctions, then there's a 3 or 4 day hiatus.

They don't run auctions on the weekend for fear that somewhere...a comic nerd...has gotten a life. :gossip:

What's up with the long break right in the middle of the auction? It's like after 1 more day of auctions, then there's a 3 or 4 day hiatus.

They don't run auctions on the weekend for fear that somewhere...a comic nerd...has gotten a life. :gossip:

That makes sense, although it makes you wonder why they didn't just schedule things so the whole auction could wrap up within the same week.

That makes sense, although it makes you wonder why they didn't just schedule things so the whole auction could wrap up within the same week.

Scheduling conflict with the 24 hour Star Wars marathon on Spike. :ohnoez:

Does anyone else think that that looks a little aggressive for a 9.4, grading-wise?

There are quite a few spine stresses, and one of them is pretty sizable.

Yowza! I'm at a loss for words!! Didn't the buyer see that this book is the SECOND highest graded (with 9 others graded the same)??? I paid less than that for my 9.6 B&B #85 a few years back and it's the HIGHEST graded with only 2 other copies on the census?! That should now value my book somewhere around 4 Grand! Congratulations to the seller!

i'd like to thank the buyer of the Doom Patrol for saving me $500. oh, and for paying more for that book than i did for either of my 9.6 Pac Coast DPs...

(thumbs u

Does anyone else notice that the prices in the January auctions tend to be much higher than the December auctions?

I noticed that 9.6 copies of late 1970's BATMAN issues in January are getting the same or higher prices that 9.8 copies were getting for the same books in the December auctions :o

Is this because nobody bothered bidding on the December auctions because they spent their cash on xmas gifts?

Is this because nobody bothered bidding on the December auctions because they spent their cash on xmas gifts?

That might be it. Definitely a little uptick in the market over the past few weeks.

That might be it. Definitely a little uptick in the market over the past few weeks.

I'll say, I thought I was the only person that bought Captain America bronze books 9.2/9.4. (Mostly because they are usually very cheap.) But not last night...