• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

He-man, Transformers.........

29 posts in this topic

With my current collecting goal almost complete I am searching for a new one. My idea is to collect Copper Age comics (high grade 9.8) that have the first appearance of the group of characters that are a toy.cartoon.

The obvious key issues would be Transformers #1, G.I. Joe #1 but I am trying to get an idea of how many others there might be.

Does anyone have any thoughts to other 'keys' of this nature?

Just off the top of my head:

Voltron 1

DC Comics presents 47 (first He-Man)

Marvel's Star Comics from the 80's had a BUNCH of cartoon stuff as well (Care Bears, Masters of the Universe, Smurfs, etc...).

I know I'm missing quite a few but that's a start. (thumbs u

-William

I liked Battle of the Planets 1 (G Force Japanimation - helmets like hawks if that helps any). That was a 40 cent Whitman from 1979 so that might fit Copper Age. I'm sure there are other Whitmans from that era and later as well. Those will be tough to find in 9.8 and many would be tough in 9.4

Ed

What was a Micronaut?

Oh, man, now I feel old.

:(

How was that Thundercats comic? They managed to put out twenty-four issues, I think.

Wasn't trying to make anyone feel old. They were a bit before my time and they don't seem to come up as often as Thundercats, he-man etc. (in my circles).

Pokemon getting there in a few years when the nostalgia factor takes over.
Soooo... should I buy the cards or comics?

both but with the comics cgc 9.8 of course ;)

cover_pokemon.gif

hm So should I try and get the ORIGINAL Japanese printings (which I would think would be impossible) or stick with the American Reprints?