• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

Double your pleasure, double your fun. There are two color variants of this book – dark green and lite green. I find both colors appealing.

https://www.facebook.com/excitingcomics1/

Check out my facebook page and answer the question ...
LIKE, FOLLOW, and SHARE Exciting Comics😀

605534154_x-men1bothcopiesnew.thumb.jpg.dd3dc10319422e766e61a17080250ba5.jpg

Edited by blackterror

On 8/17/2021 at 3:02 PM, blackterror said:

X-men 1 - Double your pleasure, double your fun. There are two color variants of this book – dark green and lite green. I find both colors appealing.

https://www.facebook.com/excitingcomics1/

Question to consider?  Check out my facebook page share your answer and 
LIKE, FOLLOW, and SHARE Exciting Comics😀

605534154_x-men1bothcopiesnew.thumb.jpg.dd3dc10319422e766e61a17080250ba5.jpg

?

On 8/30/2021 at 4:10 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Been like that for a long time with Overstreet great guide if you need to know what books exists but the prices on some books are way back. I wonder why they can't just get that fixed.

Since the internet era, key books on Overstreet have always badly lagged actual prices.  I have an Overstreet from 1991 and it's interesting to see what book values are......also, they never adjust downward.  I would say this is actually a worst crime, because there are many $3 and $5 books listed that you would be lucky to get a $1 for.  So if someone uses overstreet to sell their comics, they'll probably get ripped-off on their keys, won't be able to sell the other books and left with a pile of unsellables.  

On 8/31/2021 at 7:14 AM, spreads said:

Since the internet era, key books on Overstreet have always badly lagged actual prices.  I have an Overstreet from 1991 and it's interesting to see what book values are......also, they never adjust downward.  I would say this is actually a worst crime, because there are many $3 and $5 books listed that you would be lucky to get a $1 for.  So if someone uses overstreet to sell their comics, they'll probably get ripped-off on their keys, won't be able to sell the other books and left with a pile of unsellables.  

So true. I imagine it must be difficult to update the prices otherwise they surely would have done it.  

I feel that OSPG is becoming the way of the phone book or Sears catalogue.  The positive is that it's got every single listing (or product) in there, but rarely anyone uses it anymore.  In most geographical areas they quit printing phone books several years ago; soon to be death of OSPG.  I give them 10 more years at max.  

I buy the book every year and I still really enjoy it.  I also wish they would update their prices to reflect what the major keys are selling for but their prices are pretty decent on non-keys and run books.  The market reports are excellent and I like reading the ads too.  I plan to buy the hardcopy guide as long as they keep making them.  I have every one since number 8 around 1978.

On 9/1/2021 at 12:08 PM, DCman said:

anyone see the hammer price on the X-men 1 cgc 4.5 on c-link?

$15,260. 6k less than a 4.0 that had a very valuable little cva sticker on it apparently. the 4.0 had better colors but also chipping. incredible that it sold for so much more.

On 9/1/2021 at 4:49 PM, alexgross.com said:

$15,260. 6k less than a 4.0 that had a very valuable little cva sticker on it apparently. the 4.0 had better colors but also chipping. incredible that it sold for so much more.

Thanks for the info......hard to believe a cva sticker gave it a $6k bump!

No offense but that is not a very nice looking 9.2 IMHO, and I wonder how they got the QES certification with " flawless cover edges "  

That back cover top edge has a pretty nasty case of  SCS as well as an impression not likely from the "flawed" CGC case design

Just another example of why they need to redesign their holder

Edited by UncleBEN

On 9/3/2021 at 5:14 PM, UncleBEN said:

No offense but that is not a very nice looking 9.2 IMHO, and I wonder how they got the QES certification with " flawless cover edges "  

That back cover top edge has a pretty nasty case of  SCS as well as an impression not likely from the "flawed" CGC case design

Just another example of why they need to redesign their holder

i'd wager that metropolis owned that copy, so thats how it got the s t u p i d qes sticker, since its their company, as is comicconnect. not just heritage that plays games. 

and even if it wasnt theirs, since it was on cc, they obviously wanted it pumped to the max. so put a sticker on it. 

Edited by alexgross.com

On 9/3/2021 at 6:37 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Best not to guess CC are stand up dealers. X-Men 1 in 9.2 is a 250k book simple as that most people could care less about that stupid sticker.

CVA stickers add value as proven by recent sales and recent resubmissions, but the QES program seem to be more incestual then CVA. 

Meaning I would argue that some collectors do care about nicely presenting books that also perhaps have a sticker on them.

I think I will have a couple of mine QES/CVA/WTF certified and make some real cash :P