• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

Wow! The silver and bronze Marvel market is on fire right now.

Can't belive I let go of all of the keys I had when I started to primarily collect golden age (X- Men 1 to 12, GSXM 1, Spidey 129, 300). I'd be ablle to acquire twice or more as much gold as I do now if I'd held on :cry:

Great time to be a seller of these books 

The big boys are into comics now. It’s only going to keep going up. Low population and investors with big bucks will keep prices up. They did the same thing with sports cards last year.  

51 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

That's insane.  Are these prices going to plummet in a few months?  Is this wacky growth spurt over or are we going to see prices go up even more.

I'd assume that many of these copies are disappearing into collections for the foreseeable future, which should keep prices high. Not sure they can continue this wild upswing, but they'll likely stay strong compared to recent years, but who the heck really knows?

It might feel bad to have not sold your copy, if you have one, when prices are really strong and then buy a new copy after they cool down. It might also feel bad to sell while they are strong, thinking no way they'll get stronger, then regret that very much in a few years once the X-Men are deep in the MCU.  *shrug*

29 minutes ago, speedcake said:

I'd assume that many of these copies are disappearing into collections for the foreseeable future, which should keep prices high. Not sure they can continue this wild upswing, but they'll likely stay strong compared to recent years, but who the heck really knows?

It might feel bad to have not sold your copy, if you have one, when prices are really strong and then buy a new copy after they cool down. It might also feel bad to sell while they are strong, thinking no way they'll get stronger, then regret that very much in a few years once the X-Men are deep in the MCU.  *shrug*

indeed! sell high, buy low. but whens the highest high? who's to say? nothing stays on fire forever...but as you say, theres not even a movie yet!

6 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

indeed! sell high, buy low. but whens the highest high? who's to say? nothing stays on fire forever...but as you say, theres not even a movie yet!

If I had to make a highly uneducated guess, I'd say a likely peak would be just after the first trailer of the first MCU X-Men team film. That could be several years ugh

Edited by speedcake