• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

Still Behind FF1. GPA really only tells  part of the story, CL has had record prices on several top 5 SA keys lately as well as crazy sales prices on IG. I also have said this a few times, X1 sorta competes with GSX1 as some collectors lean towards GSX1, I personally went for a higher grade GSX1 due to what was the key book for us as kids. If all X-men collectors  leaned in on X1 no doubt it would be ahead already. It is early but a 3.5 FF1 is already above what the 3.5 X1 sold for last month on CL although someone brought up that the restored copies hampered the hammer price on that 3.0, they certainly looked better.

There was a 4.0 FF1 sell in February on CL for 20k Even though GPA does not record.

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp%3Freturning%3D1%26pg%3D2&id=1462675

Edited by PKJ

17 minutes ago, PKJ said:

Still Behind FF1. GPA really only tells  part of the story, CL has had record prices on several top 5 SA keys lately as well as crazy sales prices on IG. I also have said this a few times, X1 sorta competes with GSX1 as some collectors lean towards GSX1, I personally went for a higher grade GSX1 due to what was the key book for us as kids. If all X-men collectors  leaned in on X1 no doubt it would be ahead already. It is early but a 3.5 FF1 is already above what the 3.5 X1 sold for last month on CL although someone brought up that the restored copies hampered the hammer price on that 3.0, they certainly looked better.

There was a 4.0 FF1 sell in February on CL for 20k Even that GPA does not record.

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp%3Freturning%3D1%26pg%3D2&id=1462675

You say crazy sale prices on IG, what is IG?

18 minutes ago, PKJ said:

Super secret market place you have to be invited to.

Instagram, I just try to be like the cool kids and call it what they call it. 

Sorry I don’t use Instagram, you are already a lot cooler than me as I didn’t even know what IG was lol.

Hell, GPA for a 4.5 is so far behind at this point.  The valuation is $12K, last sale is a $14609 and that 4 is pushing $20K.  These prices are jumping so fast the program is not keeping up.  I wonder if GPA can not come up with ways to estimate value that takes into acount sales one or 2 grades above and below the listed grade and create a more accurate "average." This would be really helpful for low volume and rare sales.

10 hours ago, drotto said:

Hell, GPA for a 4.5 is so far behind at this point.  The valuation is $12K, last sale is a $14609 and that 4 is pushing $20K.  These prices are jumping so fast the program is not keeping up.  I wonder if GPA can not come up with ways to estimate value that takes into acount sales one or 2 grades above and below the listed grade and create a more accurate "average." This would be really helpful for low volume and rare sales.

My comic book shop has some big keys on the wall right now. He uses GPA and I told him he needs to update his prices quick. 

He had my old DD1 very under priced. I told him if he didn't update the prices I would buy it from him, then sell it back to him in 3 weeks when GPA catches up. 

15 hours ago, PKJ said:

There was a 4.0 FF1 sell in February on CL for 20k Even though GPA does not record.

Isn’t it crazy the fast world we live in?  Couple years ago people were complaining how Overstreet guide was becoming irrelevant because it couldn’t keep up and that GPA was the new gold standard.  Nowadays GPA can’t even keep up! 

26 minutes ago, Bluemedgroup said:

Isn’t it crazy the fast world we live in?  Couple years ago people were complaining how Overstreet guide was becoming irrelevant because it couldn’t keep up and that GPA was the new gold standard.  Nowadays GPA can’t even keep up! 

Actually that’s why I use both GPA and gocollect.  Some will catch sales that the other won’t.  Also I find gocollect very useful because it their valuation modeling tool that automatically updates the FMV for grades based on other grades sales in that book.  

11 minutes ago, Bluemedgroup said:

Actually that’s why I use both GPA and gocollect.  Some will catch sales that the other won’t.  Also I find gocollect very useful because it their valuation modeling tool that automatically updates the FMV for grades based on other grades sales in that book.  

I was not aware that gocollect already takes other grade sales into account for pricing.  I might look into it.

I love my X1 and GSXM1, they are my grails, I likely could not afford to replace them at this point.  These prices make me wonder at what price point does money overcome love?

19 minutes ago, drotto said:

I was not aware that gocollect already takes other grade sales into account for pricing.  I might look into it.

If the GoCollect "other grade" adjusted sales data is the figure that even non-subscribers can see on GoCollect's website, then hold your horses.  I have found that that GoCollect data is often way off, more so than GPA, during the past year's volatility.  So GPA has been much better, as supplemented by ComicLink and other info.  

Edited by Pantodude

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

Guess I got in just in time

:fear:

This is currently bidding at 19k on Clink with 5 days to go

20210218_185159.jpg

holy moley.

If I hadn't locked in my 2.5 at November 2020 prices, I'd probably not be buying an X-Men #1 now or maybe even ever.  I was kicking myself hard as it was for not just getting one even two years earlier, much less ten years ago. Prices now are just wild.