• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,535 posts in this topic

It will be interesting to see how these prices hold up over the next year or two...if the people selling Bitcoin and other investments to buy X-Men #1 are true collectors I could see prices continuing to be strong.

However, if the majority of people scooping up copies of X-Men #1 are just investors hoping it continues it's meteoric climb I can see things playing out differently.

Only time will tell, but this market feels like it's too crazy to be sustainable...

51 minutes ago, TheBook said:

I may be one of the few, but X-Men 1 over AF15 every day of the week.

I'll never sell my XMen 1.:cloud9:

I still cant even believe I own a copy.

I can't join you on that island lol. 

For me personally, I would take AF15, FF1, JIM83 and Hulk 1 over X1.  

I actually like the cover to Avengers 1 and TOS39 better than X1s cover. 

I own one, I'm happy I have it, I wouldn't sell it (because I would never replace it at theses prices), but it's borderline top 5 for me.

4 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

It's sustainable X-Men 1 was undervalued to me current prices are more respectable for what it is and it still has room in my opinion. Same goes for JIM83 and SC22.

This is a good point. A decent % of X-Men #1's climb in value is certainly the book "catching up" after being severely undervalued for ages and ages.  The market will correct at some point, likely, but I doubt its a book that will ever be as inexpensive as it had been over the last couple of decades.

Having just recently finally gotten my own copy, I am in no hurry to sell it. I intend it to be my keeper as I am working on completing the run. But I can't lie and say the thought isn't deep, far, deep in the back of my mind that at some point I could trade up to a more significant comic like an AF15 or FF1, two books I'd also love to have a nice copy of.

But for now no way. I love my copy.

12 minutes ago, Wreck-It Ralph said:

hear AF15 is on a downward spiral

First, this is an X-Men #1 thread, so I'll keep it short to not hijack it any longer than necessary.  Second, you heard wrong about AF15.  See the mis-titled thread about AF15 (the author mistakenly thought it was tanking back in 2019)--more recent posts to that thread discuss its continuing strong performance.    TOS39 is a great book too, but you should understand that, quite probably, AF15 will only get further out of your reach.  Do you really want to put AF15 off any longer if you could manage to get one now?  Just food for thought.   

Edited by Pantodude

2 minutes ago, Pantodude said:

First, this is an X-Men #1 thread, so I'll keep it short to not hijack it any longer than necessary.  Second, you heard wrong about AF15.  See the mis-titled thread about AF15 (the author mistakenly thought it was tanking back in 2019)--more recent posts to that thread discuss its continuing strong performance.    TOS39 is a great book too, but you should understand that, quite probably, AF15 will only get further out of your reach.  Do you really want to put AF15 off any longer if you could manage to get one now?  Just food for thought.   

Sorry I have only just joined and not very knowledgable, I am an action figure collector with a few comics who heard AF15 was losing its flavour so thought now might be a good time to buy, hence my questions.

1 hour ago, Wreck-It Ralph said:

Do you guys read comics or watch films?

I collected comics for most of my life and never watched a movie until about a year ago. Me and my 8 year old watched the first Avengers. 

It was ok. I did watch the Netflix shows and WandaVision which I like. I'll go back and watch some of the other movies as my kids get interested, but I'm a reader. 

4 minutes ago, Wreck-It Ralph said:

Sorry I have only just joined and not very knowledgable, I am an action figure collector with a few comics who heard AF15 was losing its flavour so thought now might be a good time to buy, hence my questions.

Welcome to the Boards!    What it is true about AF15, which could be important to you if you are on the fence about aquiring one, is that it is relatively undervalued because it has not been the main focus of the frenzy we have seen the past few months.   But if very common bronze and copper keys are going haywire, its just a matter of time before folks appreciate even more that AF15 is akin to an Action Comics 1 or Detective Comics 27, but for the Silver Age, of course.  

Edited by Pantodude

You guys take the thread high jacking serious around here lol. 

@Wreck-It Ralph AF15 is not in a downward spiral.  It got insanely hot until about 2017, then stagnated to an extent. It's still the king and no SA book will ever catch it. 

Prices seem to be recovering and I doubt you'll ever see 2011 or 2012 prices again and the prices will just keep rising from here (if 60 year trends are any indication) 

Also, welcome to the boards! 

Edited by KCOComics

3 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

You guys take the thread high jacking serious around here lol. 

@Wreck-It Ralph AF15 is not in a downward spiral.  It got insanely hot until about 2017, then stagnated to an extent. It's still the king and no SA book will ever catch it. 

Prices seen to be recovering and I doubt you'll ever see 2011 or 2012 prices again and the prices will just keep rising from here (if 60 year trends are any indication) 

Also, welcome to the boards! 

Thanks, just saw other people talking about other books so I presumed it was cool!